hearingisbelieving

Will it be March again?

Which Date would you prefer?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had to cancel exhibiting last year after double booking myself (booked a concert ticket before the date for the pie-fi show had been announced), so would very much like to avoid that for next year. So if someone in the know is able to advise if it will defo be in March I will make sure I book nothing for that month.

Cheers

Many established shows run at the same time each year, the second weekend in March, or the first week in September or whatever. As Scalford is now in its 6th year if I haven't forgotten one, it should be established enough to be able to book a regular slot for future years.

Last year we didn't know the actual final date until quite late, and it had moved from early March to late March, which caused me some modest inconvenience as I had planned around an early March date.

Bearing in mind that Easter moves around, and keeping Scalford away from Easter would be sensible, a recurring date of the first weekend in March would be sensible, I think.

S

Keeping it away from the clocks going forward would be cool.

Indeed. That would remove one hour's drinking time, I believe.

This would not be in the spirit of the wam.

Keeping it away from the clocks going forward would be cool.

Next one is the 8th year.:shock:

Indeed. That would remove one hour's drinking time, I believe.

This would not be in the spirit of the wam.

That is what happened this year,

It made the dining room at breakfast time quite amusing (for some of us anyway :D)

Indeed. That would remove one hour's hangover recovery time, I believe. Actual drinking time would be the same.

More accurate.

My usual method was to find a suitable gap in the 6 nations calendar during March.

The Hotel suggested moving it to the end of March for fear of snow, which was always a big concern for me, so I made it the first week after the 6N this year.

i think it will be our 7th or 8th show?!?

My usual method was to find a suitable gap in the 6 nations calendar during March.

The Hotel suggested moving it to the end of March for fear of snow, which was always a big concern for me, so I made it the first week after the 6N this year.

i think it will be our 7th or 8th show?!?

And ironically we had the worst weather yet.

Super Wammer

3rd April? Oh the opportunity for ye olde Wammers for prank announcements 2 days before the event surely makes this date the favourite! :-)

Super Wammer

defo avoid Mother's Day, that would destroy attendance (I know from my organisational experience)

20th would require planning;

1. large TVs
  2. lots of bar staff
  3. need to check in early & unload by 2:30pm (late arrivals will only have the wendy ball supporters to help)
  4. food consumed between 7pm and 8pm in a larger scrum than usual

sure it can be done :cool:

upside for hotel is probably more beer consumed, especially if Wales lose to Italy and England beat the surrender monkeys

20th March would suit me better than 3rd April.

S