Pabs

Worst Live Band You've Seen

Christopher Cross. There! I've Said It. I Left the venue after his forth song, and I  shouldnt have waited that long. HORRIBLE.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:57, JBCobra said:

Haha! He is good at IT ;-)

Yes. Pure genius . one of my fav's .....

cat chaser.jpg

Edited by toobhead

Japan - Support to Blue Oyster Cult 1978, Sh*te

They had been booed at the Glasgow gig the same week, I think it might even have been the night before the Edinburgh gig, and they got the same at Edinburgh, big mistake to have them as support, they were terrible.

Super Wammer

Wembley Rock and Roll festival 1972? Little Richard came on stage did a slow strip-tease for half an hour before two of the crew rushed on stage and carried him off, never sang a note, the man was on another planet. Same show Gary Do You Love Me Glitter left the stage in a shower of drinks cans (I think he had 2 or 3 singles in the charts at the time)

Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley more than made up for them.We were in the press enclosure below the stage guests of Lord Sutch posers for a dayB|

On 2015-6-20 at 12:27, barneys dad said:

Saw that tour at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester and it was nothing short of exploitation.

Peter Green had no idea where or who he was.

Truly beyond bad, it got even worse when the guy doing 99% of PG's job, announced Man of the World, as an instrumental FFS, as "Peter doesnt really sing much these days"

Prolly a mercy for us all.

Oh Well (see what I did there?) at least we've got John Mayall to come.

His performance explained why, back in the day, he used "guest" vocalists & guitarists.

And, I'd have thought during the last 50 years he'd have bothered to learn his instrument, but no.

So beyond bad, it nearly put me off seeing Arthur Lee's Love.

Thank god it didnt.

They played the Forever Changes album and it was one of the gigs of my life.

I saw PG when he toured some time ago with the splinter group, and while I can kind of see where you are coming from I found it one of the most moving, upsetting experiences. Every now and then you caught a glimpse of what he once was and he actually seemed to relish the music, in the end I really enjoyed the gig, and what a man. He probably was exploited but the glimpses of genius brought real joy to me at least.

• Upvote 1

Saw Bruce Springsteen in Hyde park a few years back. He was great but they had the Dave Mathews Band as support. I didn't like them before and liked them even less after seeing them live. Just awful beige rock and no sense of the crowd. To top it all the finished the set by playing a cover of Stairway to heaven and included an even longer guitar solo than the original! Absolute twoddle. 

Cheers

Super Wammer

Worst gig for me ever and I've seen a few bad acts over the years has to be Black Sabbath in the early 70's promoting the Paranoid album they were absolutely awful. The support band "Black Oak Arkansas" however were really good.

I think the strangest gig was Elvis Costello who had the punk poet "John Cooper Clarke" as their support and clearly half the audience had come to see him and walked out after his performance.

Edited by Fantasque