Guest BD Audio

Remton Tube Phono Stages inc LCR Model

The range of tube phono stages from Remton Audio.

Remton Audio is small high-end audio boutique manufacturer that focuses on the creation of tube phono stages alone.

Stages are available at various price points from a simple ECC83 Moving Magnet unit right up to a Moving Magnet and Moving Coil LCR Tube design.

Available to demonstrate and to order now.

http://www.bd-audio.co.uk/product-category/remoton-audio-tube-phono-stages/

Remton 8382 MM Tube Stage

Remton_tube_phono_stage_8382_11_zpsob4eyvg0.jpg

Remton 383 MM Tube Stage

Remton_tube_phono_stage_383_11_zpsgbxyy35r.jpg

Remton 383 MK2 MM & MC Tube Stage

Remton_383_MKII_phono_stage_1_zpsgj6jzq4q.jpg

Remton LCR Tube Phono Stage

Remton_LCR_1_zps74hf7r5v.jpg

Hi Dom, so far I've tried the LCR with SPU GM-E and a Van Den Hul MC One Special.

I'm going to try an Audionote IQ3 in to all the stages over the weekend, I know this cart like an old friend so it'll be an interesting pairing.

Sound is organic. The stage does not make itself so obvious at first but spend a minute listening and it sounds just 'right'. Detail is plentiful and the timbre is fantastic. The sound is very addictive. Long listening sessions!

I'll be taking it to the Cranage Hall show, it'll be great to play it for the public there. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on it.

Quite a big pile of Sowter iron in there by the look of it. Interesting design choice on the power supply, presumably regulators rather than chokes by the look of it?

Tried an Io yet?

Cranage is out 4hours each way!

Job for the weekend, I'll try and get it fitted tomorrow for a test run. I don't have high ratio step up transformers here to compare any more though, so that will have to wait until an IO owner can hone demo, or visit here with one....

That LCR looks a nice piece of kit. How does it compare t the modwright?

They are different animals, some will prefer the Modwright sound, others the Remton. The Modwright also has the front panel loading options etc. They are also totally different price points. The MWI PH150 continues to amaze me.

The Remton sound is organic and dynamic. I know of a few members who will listen and want one. I already have orders in as I type for an LCR and a lower model for a local guy.

Remton only make phono stages, in that they are focussed and the prices are very generous across the range.

Have given the LCR plenty of playtime, it is well run in now.

I am seriously impressed with it to say the least, capable of being very smooth, lots of micro detail coming though and a gorgeous tone but when called for totally explosive dynamics without a hint of harshness.

It is extremely well balanced, one word that keeps coming to mind is organic.

'High Fidelity' have reviewed the MM LCR unit, please take the time to have a read through.

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-555〈=en

I will be exhibiting the LCR at Cranage Hall with an Audionote Arm 1 and VDH MC Special cartridge.

The LCR phono stage was used in yesterdays Cranage Hall North West Audio Show.

The organisers Hifi Pig awarded me as their favourite room and the Remton went down a storm giving a dynamic, even handed and natural presentation coupled with a quite modest Van Den Hul cartridge.