Sign in to follow this  
bbq_123456

Your HiFi internal picture sharing

bbq_123456 wrote:

Cello passive pre

I was tempted to say at the start that I cannot understand this fetish with the internal workings of electrical equipment:hom: :roll:. However after seeing that 1st one, it makes me think, someone forgot to put anything inside apart from a few wires. I know there's been a lot of griping about value for money, rip-off products and the like, which I was getting exceedingly bored with:yeah:, but this photo of the Cello passive pre, deserves some comment on its own. What is going on?.:shocked:

Edit: with a price tag of New Retail $3500.00, this is what it looks like from the outside.

jkbmusic wrote:

bbq_123456 wrote:
Cello passive pre

I was tempted to say at the start that I cannot understand this fetish with the internal workings of electrical equipment:hom: :roll:. However after seeing that 1st one, it makes me think, someone forgot to put anything inside apart from a few wires. I know there's been a lot of griping about value for money, rip-off products and the like, which I was getting exceedingly bored with:yeah:, but this photo of the Cello passive pre, deserves some comment on its own. What is going on?.:shocked:

Edit: with a price tag of New Retail $3500.00, this is what it looks like from the outside.

Uhhh... it's a *passive* pre-amp. As in no active (powered) components/circuitry. What would you expect to find in any brand of passive pre-amp other than a volume pot or attenuation transformers?