Guest Mike P

Speaker suggestions for use with Leben CS600

Guest Mike P

I've recently downsized my system quite considerably to put money into property and I'm left with a Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD player and a Leben CS600 integrated amp as the basis of a system. I've sold my Living Voice OBX-RWs and need to buy something to replace them.

My room is 12 x 14 and a slightly odd shape. I listen to a wide range of music but a lot of folk, jazz and female vocal. I'm looking for something on the warm side of neutral that would work with the rest of my kit. Budget is fairly flexible. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

I've recently downsized my system quite considerably to put money into property and I'm left with a Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD player and a Leben CS600 integrated amp as the basis of a system. I've sold my Living Voice OBX-RWs and need to buy something to replace them.

My room is 12 x 14 and a slightly odd shape. I listen to a wide range of music but a lot of folk, jazz and female vocal. I'm looking for something on the warm side of neutral that would work with the rest of my kit. Budget is fairly flexible. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

Floorstanders or standmounters? I'm thinking something PMC or ProAc Studio (easier to drive) rather than Spendor or ATC (harder to drive). Humongous choice really.

I use Art Emotion Monitors with an Almarro 318B single ended amp with excellent results. All Art speakers are designed to be used with low powered valve amps.

Is that a custom stand for the Harbeth?

They are Something Solid Stands and very good they are to.

Got to be Harbeth. Excellent on jazz and vocals and a great match with Leben too.

Super Wammer

Harbeth P3ES if they are not too small :^ If a bit bigger, the Tannoy Prestige range is supposed to be a good match with Leben, saying that, based on my experience with the Stirlings they might not work that well in your room, maybe the Sandringham or Kensington might be more appropriate.

What about jhuds devore gibbons in the classified?

I thought they were superb and, when compared, bettered my LV OBX R2.

What's the aim of this Mike - is it to have less cash tied up in boxes? I'm just thinking that these might well give you something similar to what you had before, whilst freeing up a fair few £K.

I have some Harbeth M30s for sale at the moment. Your room is a good size for them (mine is a shade too small), they'd suit your musical taste down to a T and they ought to be downright gorgeous with the Leben. You are welcome to bring the amp down for a listen if you like, and you can hear the P3ESR at the same time. I'm in SE London...

Guest Mike P

Hello Ian,

Many thanks for the offer, I might well take you up on that. Could you PM me some more information about them?

BW

Mike

I have some Harbeth M30s for sale at the moment. Your room is a good size for them (mine is a shade too small), they'd suit your musical taste down to a T and they ought to be downright gorgeous with the Leben. You are welcome to bring the amp down for a listen if you like, and you can hear the P3ESR at the same time. I'm in SE London...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion, they'd caught my eye. My main concern would be getting them working in my (relatively) small room. I will do some reading about them.

What about jhuds devore gibbons in the classified?

I thought they were superb and, when compared, bettered my LV OBX R2.

What's the aim of this Mike - is it to have less cash tied up in boxes? I'm just thinking that these might well give you something similar to what you had before, whilst freeing up a fair few £K.

Thanks for the suggestion, they'd caught my eye. My main concern would be getting them working in my (relatively) small room. I will do some reading about them.

Sorry, I might have missed something. I'd assumed the old LVs were in that same room. I'll keep thinking!

I use Art Emotion Monitors with an Almarro 318B single ended amp with excellent results. All Art speakers are designed to be used with low powered valve amps.

As per Steve's post - I really enjoyed my time with these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Loudspeakers-Emotion-Monitors-in-Oak-Preowned-/191492479862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c95d75b76