Audio Al

Wok and utensils ? any advice

Wok and utensils ?

I fancy having a go at wok cooking , never done this style of cooking before ,

Any advice on type of wok and tools required ? :D

Go to your nearest Chinese supermarket, get a standard carbon steel wok, and a couple of bamboo spatulas, big chopsticks and a bamboo brush for cleaning. I doubt you'll spend more than £30. Season it by wiping with vegetable or wok oil and heating it up till it stops smoking a few times to build up a non stick surface.

Cook as hot as you can on your hob, using proper stir fry oil. Sesame seed oil is not stir fry oil, it's for flavouring once the ingredients are in the wok.

Go to your nearest Chinese supermarket, get a standard carbon steel wok, and a couple of bamboo spatulas, big chopsticks and a bamboo brush for cleaning. I doubt you'll spend more than £30. Season it by wiping with vegetable or wok oil and heating it up till it stops smoking a few times to build up a non stick surface.

Cook as hot as you can on your hob, using proper stir fry oil. Sesame seed oil is not stir fry oil, it's for flavouring once the ingredients are in the wok.

Mostly this^^^

If you are after an easy life, then most supermarkets will sell a non stick flat bottomed wok for less than £20. Using one of these will tell you whether you think it's what you really want to do. If you decide it's not for you, then it can be used for a plethora of other things.