Hawk

The last album i bought was

Hawk wrote:

Sony6million wrote:
There seemed to be differing opinions over whether the 30th an. or original cd release of DSOM was the best.

......or the Vinyl version ;)

30th anniversary VINYL. :cool:Without a doubt.

The heavyweight vinyl sounds awesome , but then again the original I've got has been played to death.

More like a flexidisc.

chezi.

I have not got them yet but I have just put this weeks order into Amazon for, Editors - The Back Room, Snow Patrol - When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up and Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman’s Woman

Some lovely Organ music on the Winter&Winter label :)

Lorenzo Ghielmi: Bach and the Romanticist (Bach & Brahms)

Lorenzo Ghielmi: Nikolaus Bruhns

Guest purplepleaser

hi, I bought this after listening to it on piccadilly records. Sounds pretty good, not to sure on how well its recorded as only listened to it in the car. For now its a :^.

Cut Copy : Bright Like Neon Love

Modular

Future note.gif

Saturdays (Reprise) note.gif

The Twilight note.gif

Time Stands Still note.gif

[align=left][/u]Cut Copy's debut album, "Bright Like Neon Love", sees indie rock and melodic electronics married perfectly together; imagine Joy Division taking on the Pet Shop Boys, or Daft Punk conducting New Order. The album also shares pop's fascination with matters of the heart, starting with the title. Such romantic notions are proffered in "Future", a sprightly example of French-touch electro-pop as played by New Order, with low, dispassionate vocals evocative of half-remembered nostalgia. Indeed, the album is characterised by a hazy affection for teenage days gone by: The new romantic disco of "Saturdays" offers the age-old conundrum of yearning for someone who doesn't reciprocate your affections, and "Saturdays (Reprise)" is like an updated soundtrack to the sublime stoner flick Dazed And Confused..[/align]

cheers lee:)

purplepleaser wrote:

Cut Copy : Bright Like Neon Love

Modular

I have the first (I think) 10" they did a few years ago called "Rendezvous". There was another 10" released simultaneously but both were deleted very quickly. However, I think all the tracks from these two EPs were included on a short mini album on CD called "I thought of numbers" released in 2001 on Modular [modep004]

other recomendations:

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

Colder - Again

Guest purplepleaser

hi , the avalacnhes since i left you is a quality album, pity they made almost nothing from the sales due to it all being samples. colder -again is brilliant have had this a few weeks and also bought the album called heat. all three albums get a big :^. keepem coming ....cheers lee

thommo wrote:

Dusty In Memphis - Dusty Springfield

4.99 from hmv online (cd)

Indispensible.

Oh i have this and i used to think Son of a Preacher Man summed her up but when she sings Breakfast in Bed :love::love::love:Goosebumps moment