Barbequed portobello mushrooms with scotch bonnet infused olive oil in the gills and smoked paprika.

Barbequed portobello mushrooms with scotch bonnet infused olive oil in the gills and smoked paprika.

That sounds good!

apart from the usuals already mentioned (spaghetti bol , with garlic etc ) , i dry lots of different varieties using a dehydrator (which i also use to make biltong ) - they then get used in thai and other soups once rehydrated and chopped - some get put into a blender and blitzed into a mushroom powder which is put in a jar and kept in the fridge - added to gravies or anything else where you want a mushroom flavour (dried mushrooms are a lot stronger tasting and smell like beef )

Made a jäger sauce for my schnitzel last night. Started with a load of fatty bacon (removed with the fat retained in the pan), added 1/2 cup of minced onions, then a cup of sliced mushrooms, then butter and flour to make a thick roux, then a glug of red wine and finished with beef stock to reach consistency, then salt, pepper and a handful of flat leaf parsley and handful of crispy bacon stirred through. Yummy! The roux really held the consistency of the mushrooms for my tastes with a meatier bite.

Stuffed mushroom are good - you can make them with all different sorts of cheese, ham, bacon, parsley, breadcrumbs, cream, finely chopped vegetables etc