oldius

The Lentek integrated amp

Very nice! It's immaculate.

It really is. Every switch and socket feels like it's hardly been used.

Super Wammer

I liked the sound of mine and often cranked it up but the little red LED indicated when it was clipping usually with inefficient speakers like the Celestion SL600Si etc. The Lentek is still a great design in it's own right and the only criticism I could find was it was ever so slightly dry sounding but very dynamic and non fatiguing to listen to for hours.

Geoff, Ive just read a review. Here is what it said.

"Initially very impressive and you will think this is the best thing since sliced bread. You may even fall for its sexy look. But after a few days you will realise that it sounds crap, and is bettered by a cheapo T amp. In addition, they are prone to going on fire after a weeks good use. I personally know of 5 owners whose houses burned to the ground within 14 days of buying one of these. Unsafe...oh yes! The best advise I can give is to offload it as soon as possible to any mate who may be stupid and gullible enough to make a tentative enquiry about purchasing it."

There you have it. Happy to help out, although you may have to accept a small loss.:)

• Haha 1

Geoff, Ive just read a review. Here is what it said.

"Initially very impressive and you will think this is the best thing since sliced bread. You may even fall for its sexy look. But after a few days you will realise that it sounds crap, and is bettered by a cheapo T amp. In addition, they are prone to going on fire after a weeks good use. I personally know of 5 owners whose houses burned to the ground within 14 days of buying one of these. Unsafe...oh yes! The best advise I can give is to offload it as soon as possible to any mate who may be stupid and gullible enough to make a tentative enquiry about purchasing it."

There you have it. Happy to help out, although you may have to accept a small loss.:)

I will heed your caring words Brian!

• Upvote 1

hmmm that looks a very nice piece of kit ---- does anyone know if they made just a power amp ? I'm v happy with my croft pre but keen to try it with other powers ....

well done you for seeing it and taking a punt

I had one of these as I recall it can be configured as either a pre amp power amp or integrated. Was a good fun bit of kit.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know much about this amplifier?

I bought one, a minter, and it sounds absolutely superb but I did take a punt on an amplifier I know very little about.

Yours looks to be in great external condition; mine has a few scuffs and scrapes, but was at the Scalford Hall show this year, doing duty in the Lenco room (Lenco/Lentek :D)

zXvX8kXh.jpg#J1GW2

QH3IEYJh.jpg#J1GW2

It was overhauled by Ben Duncan before I acquired it and now has a non-functioning power switch (as it should remain on all the time apparently, although I find the fact that I have to unplug it to turn it off a bit annoying), a bypassed balance switch, a new volume pot, new binding posts which look pretty serious, and there was some work to the internals including new electrolytics. It's a real beast of an amp to look at - and pick up!- but in use has a mellow sound and a lovely soundstage, at least with my speakers.

Its looks like a WW1 tank and is built like one too.

Yours looks to be in great external condition; mine has a few scuffs and scrapes, but was at the Scalford Hall show this year, doing duty in the Lenco room (Lenco/Lentek :D)

Yep, I lusted after that amp at the Show.

I've fancied trying one for years! :)

Just bought one of these from the wammer Oneills after finally getting to hear the one Oldius took to the Oktoberfest bakeoff. His amp literally looks new.

A beast of an amp with a really nice sound. Lacks a little depth dimensionality but great width to the soundstage and really gets hold of the speakers and gives a nice big sound.

It's bettered by my Musical Fidelity A300 in many ways but the Lentek has real cajones and drives the music along with lovely solid bass without being fat and bloated sounding at all.

I'm really using mine as a preamp for the mm/mc input as it has lots of loading adjustments. Is it the world's biggest and heavyest phono preamp?

Does anyone have any instructions, service details or circuit diagrams as I intend to keep this and may have a look at checking/replacing any aged capacitors etc?

I have instructions and schematics. I will be able to scan the instructions and email them to you but the schematics are too large.

The key with the Lentek is to match the speakers carefully. I think it is a tremendous amp but, considering its power, it can be speaker fussy. The Kef Reference 104.2 are a delicious match.

I will be having mine recapped soon as we need to remember that this is a 36 year old amp.

I managed to find my brother a nice looking pair of Lentek speakers - even rarer than the amps these - looking forward to hearing it ...

Eeeeerm,

A few years late but.........

Oldius, you mention the Lentek/KEG 104/2 combo works Well, or even deliciously!?!?......

Looking for a new amp to drive my KEF 104/2s. Currently have an Arcam A29, but believe the speakers could benefit from more power. What's the output spec on the Lenten if you don't mind me asking??

Cheers

Guy