oldius

The Lentek integrated amp

Does anyone know much about this amplifier?

I bought one, a minter, and it sounds absolutely superb but I did take a punt on an amplifier I know very little about.

Great amp. I heard one running Gale 401s at the house of Dave Smith, the guy who services/restores 401s. Sounded stunning, and looks amazing. I've fancied one ever since, but have never had the coin when one comes up, which they have been doing fairly often. Someone was involved with the design, who went on to form Audiolab, as far as I remember.

Yep that's right. I have had a couple in the past. Highly reccomended, think you can pick them up for about £700. Their MC stepup is rather good too. They were indeed often used with Gales.

I've had it hooked up to all my speakers now and it seems very neutral across the range with real bottom end power and drive too.

Super Wammer

I had Lentek amp in the 1980's and enjoyed it very much for many years until a friend twisted my arm to sell it on to him. I have seen them on the bay for around £400 but the build quality alone seems to be worth that amount and sounds very good. I read somewhere that Audio Lab are or were connected in some way.

Yep that's right. I have had a couple in the past. Highly reccomended' date=' think you can pick them up for about £700. Their MC stepup is rather good too. They were indeed often used with Gales.[/quote']

More like £350 going by the past few ebay sales. Did you buy the recent one that was listed on there Geoff?

It is built to a very high level and weighs a ton. Fully adjustable gain and loading with both MM and MC phono stages. I bought the ebay one from a very nice chap who builds his own valve amplifiers in Sweden. Originally from Manchester and home to visit parents, he had a lot of very nice gear and all immaculate.

Wasn't there a connection between lentek and Ion?

I don't think there is a connection with Ion, for whom there is a connection with Heed. From what I have read, the Lentek designer went on to form Audiolab. Having heard and used Audiolab myself, the Lentek is a significantly better product.

More like £350 going by the past few ebay sales. Did you buy the recent one that was listed on there Geoff?

Bargain then assuming good working order - think I am mis-remembering, sorry, mine some 8 years ago were about £ 450 but - I do recall a dealer selling at £700

It is absolutely immaculate. I suspect it has seen very little use and every feature, knob, dial and socket works perfectly.

Super Wammer

I had their battery MC step up, in fact I might still have it.......somewhere :)

Yes It was very good.

I've just been told that their MC step up was considered one of the very best available and that it is inside the integrated!

I don't think there is a connection with Ion, for whom there is a connection with Heed. From what I have read, the Lentek designer went on to form Audiolab. Having heard and used Audiolab myself, the Lentek is a significantly better product.

My bad. Ion was Nytech, not lentek.

lentek%202_zpsnsun6jjy.jpg

lentek%204_zpskw5i22fw.jpg

lentek%205_zpsoelnbu0c.jpg

lentek%201_zpsxatmkxl9.jpg

This is my Lentek. The final image shows the fully adjustable phono stage.