sunbeamgls

Buying Music Heard At Scalford 2015

Super Wammer

I noticed some note taking and 'Shazaming' going on at Scalford. Who has bought what as a result of what they heard there please?

Crystal Castles, all three albums.

Steve, barneys dad, introduced me to a track called "birds", an insane swirling noise fest that assaults the ears.

I love it. :^

Super Wammer

Weepin' Willie - At last On Time for me, great blues, streamed it a few times on Tidal, just need to order it.

Kraftwerk, Tour De France, never really listened to Kraftwerk, but this album surprised me.

Still to get round to it, but the list includes Whites Off Earth Now by the Cowboy Junkies (courtesy of Paul and Sam), The Empresses of Africa (with the Angelique Kidjo/Hendrix ear worm) which I heard through Ian's Harbeths I think, courtesy of the chap next to me and Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie (courtesy of Keith and Jane). These are the ones I can remember, but there were one or two more (list is currently out in the workshop).

VB

Super Wammer

A visitor to my room asked for a track from Rebecca Pidgeon's - The Raven album he had brought, enjoyed the track so ordered the album.

Many people bought that delightful gentle music with the chap with the soothing voice & poetry like lyrics, that you played in our room Saturday night Graeme? ;-)

Really ? They will be pleased.

[video=youtube;VSlQszmo1Gc]

VB

I had one chap waxing lyrical about the Icicle Works tracks I played and another listened to my version of Swing Out Sister's 'Breakout' live at Jazz Cafe, then promplty whipped out the whole live album on CD from his bag and asked to hear one of the other tracks!

Consequently, I need to find the aforementioned SOS album, plus the 'Helen EP' by The Wave Pictures which another visitor asked me to play and I really enjoyed - he asked for one track and i ended up playing the whole of one side.

Super Mod
1 hour ago, sonngo said:

Crystal Castles, all three albums.

You are now a member of a small but diserning, elite band of Crystal Castles Wam afficianados.