The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

gingermrkettle

The end of the day rambling thank you thread

Having just got back and lumped everything in the lounge to wait for tomorrow, there are thankyous to be done.

Firstly, Alan (naxos10) for massive help in getting everything packed to go from here and then unpacked into the room.

Secondly for Mark and all of the people who helped move records from the lobby into the room, can't remember who you all were but you are all very much appreciated.

Thirdly, and with a photo for comedy value, the staff who managed to put a wardrobe, two beds and two mattresses into a bathroom including balancing a mattress on a shower rail. Yes, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

IMAG1158_zps6ghcsb2t.jpg

Lastly but not least, everyone who came in and was complimentary about the setup, or just stayed and listened.

Super Wammer

The lengths that we go to in the name of hi-fi :) Brilliant, made me chuckle. Great to meet you today, and as I said to you, your system sounded great, Stephen. You would never have thought that the 63's would work so well in that room, so close to the wall. Just goes to show how things are worth trying and assumptions cannot be made.

I'm sure your system brought pleasure to many people today - full marks for making the effort to exhibit.

Having just got back and lumped everything in the lounge to wait for tomorrow, there are thankyous to be done.

Firstly, Alan (naxos10) for massive help in getting everything packed to go from here and then unpacked into the room.

Secondly for Mark and all of the people who helped move records from the lobby into the room, can't remember who you all were but you are all very much appreciated.

Thirdly, and with a photo for comedy value, the staff who managed to put a wardrobe, two beds and two mattresses into a bathroom including balancing a mattress on a shower rail. Yes, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

IMAG1158_zps6ghcsb2t.jpg

Lastly but not least, everyone who came in and was complimentary about the setup, or just stayed and listened.

I'd like to add a few thankyous too:

- To James and the Wigwam team for organising another stonking show!

- To the hotel staff for being so efficient and friendly, whilst still having that superb "slightly bemused by the whole thing" air about them!

- TO Bob for the badges

- To Jim the Pieman for obvious reasons!

- To Graeme (Valvebloke) for his muscle power helping to move everything into our room in the morning

- To all the visitors who came and said hello and said such nice things about the system, and especially those who were so patient whilst the active crossover was having a funny five minutes in the morning.

And most importantly of all:

- To Allen (Audio Al) for just happening to have brought a spare cartridge with him and for getting turntable number 2 running again as a result. I very nearly cried when I lowered my Kontrapunkt b onto the record to discover its diamond was no longer present. :(

And now I just need to catch up on some sleep....