Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Best show yet?

Great fun and some wonderful systems. Many thanks to everyone who went to such efforts to put together a truly unique and enjoyable event.

Super Wammer

BIG thanks to James, his elves and to all who exhibited. This must be the most diverse show in the UK. Some great sounds and some utterly bonkers systems.

From Reel to Reel with ancient amps and speakers, ancient Quads making a stunning outing running off a laptop, to the newest Phantoms with everything in between for good measure.

Good to meet friendly faces again.

Ticking all my personal boxes I could happily live with Chelseadaves system, not having heard the Fino horns before.

Thanks to ALL who go above and beyond to exhibit and provide us with so much enjoyment. A daunting task not to be underestimated. :notworthy:

I only found out about the show a week ago and am so glad I dragged myself out of bed to attend. Absolutely superb.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Not long been in and unloaded the car. Shattered. Great weekend though! :testy1:

I came with my brother-in-law who had never been before and has only just started getting into serious hi-fi. He was so impressed with htm_1968's room with the Art Alinco's (he kindly played a track off his Pixies Doolittle LP for him) that he has already bought himself a Gato DIA-250 amp. Now he wants me to find him some ART speakers. My sister will never speak to me again.:doh:

My second visit to the show, last one being 2013. Very good day and some superb systems with the standout one for me being JVS's stunning system = sat for an hour in there near the end enjoying his system.

It does feel like the shows slightly out grown the venue in my opinion. I got there around 10.15am and there was already lots and lots of cars parked/dumped along the grass verge! Once in the show again some of the rooms were very hard to get in to and I saw quite a few people just popping their heads in and walking off again looking a little disappointed they couldn't get in the room. I did manage to visit around 90% of the rooms but it did feel very crowded!!

Thanks all. Great show.

I can't believe after being saturated with music all day I'm now ignoring my wife and spinning my old vinyl. All those decks got me excited about the blank stuff again.

Edit. Oh yes, the parking :doh:

...my first Scalford show:

Yammies were a big discovery especially in Baggawire's system with the Modwright. Orangeart's DIY jobbies knocked my socks off, real authority but with sweet, natural tone - there was a punter crying when I went in for the first time! Those rare Rehdeko speakers were incredibly refined and had loads of emotional connection on vocals. Getting to play Kleiber's Brahms 4th on JVS's Acapela's as my last listen of the day is something I'll never forget, truly out of this world!

Thanks to everyone who made it happen and cheers to AndrewEast for the lift, great day it was...

First show as a exhibiter exhausting but worth it. Thanks to everyone it was great

Orangeart's DIY jobbies knocked my socks off, real authority but with sweet, natural tone.

:^

.... and Lodgesound reel-to-reel extravaganza, too.

... and Sunbeamgls ... those little Aktiv Katans will stay long in my memory.

...my first Scalford show:

Yammies were a big discovery especially in Baggawire's system with the Modwright. Orangeart's DIY jobbies knocked my socks off, real authority but with sweet, natural tone - there was a punter crying when I went in for the first time! Those rare Rehdeko speakers were incredibly refined and had loads of emotional connection on vocals. Getting to play Kleiber's Brahms 4th on JVS's Acapela's as my last listen of the day is something I'll never forget, truly out of this world!

Thanks to everyone who made it happen and cheers to AndrewEast for the lift, great day it was...

I agree a lovely day although knackered. I wasn't planning to go but due to AndrewEast's very kind offer of a lift and a transaction with Nut I ended up coming along.

I agree the Acapela's sounded great and in fact better than at his place although the new pre and power amps may be part of the reason. Deans(SCIDB) Snell J's and RMSshipbrokers AN J's sounded great with better than most music especially the remix of Fade to Grey.

Next year I really hope to exhibit again for the first time since 2012. God knows what kit I will have though.

A big thanks to all who contributed to another very enjoyable show.

It was he first time I've heard 63's sound so good out of a domestic situation. Still love them after 20+ years since mine sadly went.

The 'balls of fire' in Serge's room were such a surprise. Amazing sound from such small things. Wanted to be seduced by the baby Harbeth's and duly was. Enjoyed the home made speakers in Jerry's room too. Surprisingly good! Note.....not saying that because he is a good friend.

Nice to touch base with many people I've met on the Wam and can genuinely call 'friends'.

A special 'Thank you' to Lee (Lee Henley) for chauffering me again. :^

Look forward to next year if the heart and legs survive that long. :nerves:

A huge thank you to all the exhibitors - I think I heard all of the rooms, but very few for as long as they deserved or I would have liked.

I managed to miss Rob - Hoops - as he was out when I visited his room - a nice chap was in there trying to sell me the speakers... Interesting (as always) talking to Serge and hearing his unique take on hifi - Sound of the show was for me Jim's (JVS) room - not for the first time! - although there were systems I could at least aspire to that also did it for me - MF1000 - Keith and Jane swayed the deal with a piece of excellent home-made chocolate fudge cake, but I was hooked even before that....and good to meet Rick (Bandit Pilot) and hear his very impressive system - H2s and a triVista on my list to Santa maybe. Space Truckin played across 4 quad 'statics was another highlight! Dean's room was bouncing along beautifully, Greybeard's sounded fab.

Good to catch up with loads of Wammers, had some good chats, bought new vinyl, had a great day.

James - thank you, you have created something fantastic.

Raising a post-Scalford glass to absent friends - we have lost a couple of Wammers since last year. Til next time, keep spinning the tunes.