Random image of the day 3

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
From last night's Brit Floyd concert at the Liverpool Philharmonic.

More iPhone photos and a 'review' in the Gigs and Concerts section.

britfloyd 5.jpg britfloyd 3.jpg
have seen Brit Floyd live 3 times, and have seen Pink Floyd in 94 on their division bell tour, incredible concert, so lucky to have witnessed it, Brit Floyd are fantastic musicians if you close your eyes and listen to their music, they sound as good as Pink Floyd but without the incredible stage show

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Winter Walking by Les, on Flickr

Iced by Les, on Flickr

A couple of early shots from my new Fujifilm X-T5. Bad weather and the complications of Xmas shopping and what have you have restricted my opportunity to get out and have a real play.

It handles quite differently to the X-T3 even though it's pretty much the same size. The side grip is a little larger and the shutter button needs the lightest of touches so I've stuck a soft release button on it to see if that makes it easier to get used to. The AF is definitely snappier and the face/eye reconition is excellent. My attempts with the AF object tracker (birds, animals, cars etc were less successful although I understand it does work well - I'll have to improve my technique. Probably easier to concentrate when it isn't quite as cold as this morning

Last edited:

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely photos Les. A friend has just bought an X-T5, and I've had a little play with it, seemed to be quite a nice camera, he's not happy with it. There appears to be a problem with the focussing/IBIS, and all his images are suffering from 'camera shake' even at 1/500s!

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely photos Les. A friend has just bought an X-T5, and I've had a little play with it, seemed to be quite a nice camera, he's not happy with it. There appears to be a problem with the focussing/IBIS, and all his images are suffering from 'camera shake' even at 1/500s!

There are a couple of settings which have always been critical to the Fuji AF operating correctly which are not default. I’ve seen some comments regarding poor performance and IBIS but I’ve also seen plenty of positive comments and excellent photographs. Faulty IBIS is quite easy to check of course, just turn it off 😀, checking AF is more difficult of course.

If I had doubts I’d be back at the retailer. I’m surprised how different it feels to my previous XT cameras but any issues I’ve had I’m pretty sure are down to user error and I’ve been able to identify why.

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are a couple of settings which have always been critical to the Fuji AF operating correctly which are not default. I’ve seen some comments regarding poor performance and IBIS but I’ve also seen plenty of positive comments and excellent photographs. Faulty IBIS is quite easy to check of course, just turn it off 😀, checking AF is more difficult of course.

If I had doubts I’d be back at the retailer. I’m surprised how different it feels to my previous XT cameras but any issues I’ve had I’m pretty sure are down to user error and I’ve been able to identify why.
He has been in contact with Fujifilm and he is now dealing with the retailer, both agree it's a camera fault. His main camera is a big Nikon, but his 'backup' has always been an X-Pro3, hence the X-T5 to build a smaller, lighter travel system.

Reactions: Sumdumgi

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He has been in contact with Fujifilm and he is now dealing with the retailer, both agree it's a camera fault. His main camera is a big Nikon, but his 'backup' has always been an X-Pro3, hence the X-T5 to build a smaller, lighter travel system.
I had a Fuji XT a few years ago, could not get on with it, mostly due to the auto focussing, I sold it and bought a Ricoh GR which is great, some serious street photographers use it. I don't bother lugging my Canon gear on a lot of trips now. Unless I'm going to somewhere like Japan or Iceland.

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a Fuji XT a few years ago, could not get on with it, mostly due to the auto focussing, I sold it and bought a Ricoh GR which is great, some serious street photographers use it. I don't bother lugging my Canon gear on a lot of trips now. Unless I'm going to somewhere like Japan or Iceland.

Each to their own, camera handling and operation is very much down to personal preference and I’ve previously got along fine with Olympus and Nikon. Fuji very much suits me and I’ve never had an issue with AF on any of the models I’ve owned/used. These days I shoot with Fuji XT and Leica CL, very different cameras but both hugely enjoyable to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles