All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. joolz

Valve amp suggestions for Harbeth 40.1

Hi John, Guess what i'm listening to right now , and for exactly the same reason (and same room, at the same time) as you. would bring it down to you, but it's sooo bloody heavy... On this thread note, i heard some 845 mono blocks built by Mark at Malvern Audio research - very, very good with his DHT preamp & horns
  3. parcelmonkey

I waited too long to rip my CDs.....

I have the white version of this portable USB external drive - LG GP57EB40 available cheap from Amazon at under £25 delivered. Hasn't let me down yet using properly configured EAC to rip all sorts. It's one of the recommended drives on EAC's list of drives known to rip successfully. Got to be worth a punt?
  4. mr neds

I waited too long to rip my CDs.....

Maybe try copying them on a computer ROM drive, which often overrides errors, then rip them. I had some nice brown cds and they all read fine, but gradually showed worse and worse distortion
  5. Durrr... forgot about the good old hi fi engine. Cheers Wiz!
  6. parcelmonkey

Jokes, old or new

I can't believe how ungrateful my wife is. I go to the trouble of buying her a birthday present and she just shouts at me because it's not what she wanted and I haven't even wrapped it myself. I thought she liked fish and chips!
  7. parcelmonkey

Jokes, old or new

If God moves in mysterious ways... How come he has never been in the final of the World Break Dancing Championships?
  8. ESK

I used to have the Mastersound 845's and they really are superb. I sold them to fund the purchase of my Conrad Johnson 350. It was an itch I had to scratch but I would be more than happy if I still had the Mastersounds. Personally I found the combination of them with the matching preamp a bit too cosy for my tastes but partnered with a CJ pre (which is a bit leaner) they were fantastic. The 300b monos are meant to be pretty special too. Euan
  9. parcelmonkey

Jokes, old or new

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Parking Officers funeral a voice was heard yelling - "I'm not dead! I'm not dead yet, let me out!" It was at that moment that the Priest leant forward, sucking air through his teeth and muttered... "Too fudging late pal, I've already done the paperwork!"
  10. Chivas

Thanks for the reply Richard. As above, the Puresound 845 is in the same price league as the Icon mk2, provided you can find a pair like you mentioned. Do you think they will be an improvement on the Icons and more importantly, be able to drive the Harbeth 40.1’s with grip? The interstage design will be a massive plus as I’ve had my issues with the capacitor coupling as you know Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Chivas

It’s a good shout and something that I have considered. The issue though is that if you go up to the latest mk2, there is also a massive jump in price, which opens up other possibilities, for instance the Pure Sounds. The Icon mk2’s are on the shortlist though, so thanks for the recommendation Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Today
  13. Electric Cafe

boenicke Owners Club

@peachathome Have you thought about W8s? Their footprint is small.
  14. Olive201

For Sale - Musical Fidelity 3A preamp and MA50 monos

Hi Still available ? Olivier
  15. whitehart

Gato Audio Owners Club

@Cno, looking forward to your thoughts on your new Gato, is it a home demo, or have you bought it? Mac
  16. Hi Tim_,

A very warm welcome to THE WAM - MUSIC & HIFI FORUM, you are now part of a fantastic group of music lovers and HiFi enthusiasts.

We are very excited that you have decided to join us. It is packed full of interesting reviews, news and pictures of great HiFi systems and other tech gadgets for your enjoyment.

Our members know just about everything there is to know about amps, speakers, turntables and all things music so feel free to introduce yourself and ask them!

SPECIAL 10 MINUTE OFFER

MORE IMAGE AND VIDEO HOSTING
    200MB more space (Wammer 25MB)

MORE PRIVATE MESSAGES
    1000 messages (Wammer 25)

SELL YOUR HIFI
    Use our online Megastore to buy and sell your HiFi (Not Available To Wammers)

SAVE MONEY 
    10% Off Our New Vinyl Sales (Not Available To Wammers)

15% OFF Trade Deals From Our Selected Partners (Not Available To Wammers)

Discounts To BOTH Hifi Shows in Harrogate and Melton Mowbray

UPGRADE TO SUPER WAMMER MEMBERSHIP IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND SAVE £5

Upgrade Now To Super Wammer for Just £15 and SAVE Hundreds Over The Year

(Normal Super Wammer Price is £20)

17. Hi Olive201,

A very warm welcome to THE WAM - MUSIC & HIFI FORUM, you are now part of a fantastic group of music lovers and HiFi enthusiasts.

We are very excited that you have decided to join us. It is packed full of interesting reviews, news and pictures of great HiFi systems and other tech gadgets for your enjoyment.

Our members know just about everything there is to know about amps, speakers, turntables and all things music so feel free to introduce yourself and ask them!

SPECIAL 10 MINUTE OFFER

MORE IMAGE AND VIDEO HOSTING
    200MB more space (Wammer 25MB)

MORE PRIVATE MESSAGES
    1000 messages (Wammer 25)

SELL YOUR HIFI
    Use our online Megastore to buy and sell your HiFi (Not Available To Wammers)

SAVE MONEY 
    10% Off Our New Vinyl Sales (Not Available To Wammers)

15% OFF Trade Deals From Our Selected Partners (Not Available To Wammers)

Discounts To BOTH Hifi Shows in Harrogate and Melton Mowbray

UPGRADE TO SUPER WAMMER MEMBERSHIP IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND SAVE £5

Upgrade Now To Super Wammer for Just £15 and SAVE Hundreds Over The Year

(Normal Super Wammer Price is £20)

18. parcelmonkey

What are you listening to right now?

Emily Barker - Photos. Fires. Fables
  19. mikeyb

Recording a voicemail? Please can you help.

Play them on phone with speaker on and record on to another phone using recorder app. Or connect phone to speaker/HiFi and record on another phone using a recorder app. I'm sure someone else will come up with more professional suggestions but those would be the easiest and quickest.
  20. Ian

The most wonderful sound I've had from my P3ESRs is with a Croft 25R pre and Radford STA25. Within your budget, even if you go for a Radford Revival one. Different speakers I appreciate but wished to throw this in the mix ! Having said this a well fettled Quad 303 is hard to beat for a beautiful balance of smooth and detailed. There's plenty of room in your budget for a back up one from Amplabs ;-).
  21. Tarzan

Twitchers Thread

Keep the piccies coming lads they are brilliant - well done.
  22. gonzalo1004es

Project Pre Box RS Preamplifier

I tried different amps, and the noise was always there, very soft, but there. The Freya's manual also mentions that as normal, so it was the nature of it. In my case, listening only to classica music was annoying, every time you had a pianissimo passage you heard it...
  1. Load more activity