1. Past hour
  2. Stargazer

one word daily

Farce
  3. jkbmusic

What are you listening to right now?

Lindisfarne-Fog on the Tyne.
  4. jkbmusic

What are your 6 favourite Album Covers?.

I find that some covers grab you. You end up staring at it over a period of time, and keep going back to it. I think one or two of my original choices might subsequently change.
  5. orbscure

Off the top of my head... from 1 thru to 6
  6. Gazcarp

Neat Ultimatum MF5

PM sent
  7. Hmmm, this not quite what I meant by full length. But, if it’s working for you... In your first drawing it looked like the kitchen partition was a half wall with gaps. If this is the case I only meant to go (up) the full length of the partition. Looks like it goes about half way across your room. Adding the full height wooden door for the gap drawn. In your original drawing you don’t show a wall by the Right speaker. Extending the partition wall in SO all the way up to this will give a bass cut. If I’m understanding your original drawing there is no such wall beside the speakers. So, this will give you the wrong bass cuts. Good luck. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Bazzer

Sorry about the order , I'll sort it later. 6 2 1 3 4 5
  9. Shadders

Does rfi makes a system sound brighter?

Hi, The Bob Carver talk specifically states that the "distortion from a valve amplifier is not heard all that much" at the levels it produces, and it is the frequency variation with system transient response that causes the sound that people like. (Bob Carver talk 06:00 to 07:10). Regards, Shadders.
  10. I'd have fitted a PID to that Gaggia by now... I do like the Scandi aesthetic - looks like a really nice place - I might take the liberty of contacting you via PM if the domestic authorities smile upon such action - MH
  11. newlash09

Audiolab M-DAC problems and repair.

Thanks a lot sharing this Paulkebab Even Iam having a channel imbalance on my AMR tubed dac. Tried swapping out the tubes. But the issue remained. Will target replacement of caps once Iam back home this time.. thanks
  12. bigfool1956

I'm still considering my response, there's so many. Although I definitely know my number 1. It's quite difficult to separate the cover from the music within. Do you like the cover because you love the music and associate the two?
  13. zeta4

Interesting this. It appears that there was a severe problem with failing caps due to faulty electrolyte. Apparently it was caused by someone stealing a formulae from a japanese company but miscopied it. Caps made in china and taiwan with this formulae failed prematurely with symptoms as descibed ie bulging cases. It affected a lot of top line companies including IBM (my old employer). It appears to have been kept quiet for obvious reasons. I think Lelon was one of the companies making these caps. So replacements should now be ok but I wouldnt trust them
  14. Today
  15. parcelmonkey

Slow posting here then? I think you can tell which Wammers don't have a garden or an invite to a BBQ... Me!
  16. Tony_J

one word daily

Arse
  17. Electric Cafe

Jon & Vangelis ‎– Chronicles
  18. jkbmusic

one word daily

Moon
  19. Colinjg

one word daily

Men
  20. Nopiano

Isn’t that new enough that Audiolab should fix it, notwithstanding that the original warranty may have lapsed?
  21. @Rich9600 a took you advice adding a full wall and two doors for the smaller divisions between the kitchen and the living room. It does sound a little better. Now a new question arises. With this latest calculation on SOV2 I still feel it lacks some bass (quantity). Without SO the base feels loose compared to it on. Next project is to push the speakers to its practical position once I’m satisfied with the SO calculation. MY QUESTION IS THAT THE SOUND IMAGE COMPLETELY CHANGED WHEN I PULLED THE SPEAKERS AWAY FROM THE WALL BUT AFTER THE TOW IN IT TOTALLY WIDENED TO MY LIKING. Would I loose that whole imaging if the speakers move to a practical position (no toe in, almost 6-8” back towards the front wall) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Colinjg

Sheppard and Parricelli. PS CD.
  23. Warszawa

Wolf Alice: Blush EP
  24. Interresting post, it will split opinions for sure. The only way to tell is to RIP a CD to FLAC and MP3 yourself to be sure u use the same master. I still use my FLAC RIP's for "serious" listening, however, Spotify sounds pretty good to me. Also, there are a lot of remasters available of albums I have at the original mastering, so this leaves me ping-ponging between Spotify and my FLAC's. As good as Qobuz and Tidal supposed to be quality-wise, the just dont have the same library, feel, organization and connectivity has Spotify.
  25. jkbmusic

After listening to “Mandolin Wind” on the radio yesterday in the car, the “worm” has been going around my head ever since. So to rectify the problem, I’ve gone back to one of two Rod Stewart albums I bought from new when released, when he was worth listening to. I suppose “Every picture tells a story” .
  1. Load more activity