All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Imagine if one was actually allowed to browse, save, backup, or manipulate any files in their very expensive handheld personal computer.
  3. Obviously this doesn't mean that -all- Cat-8 cables have these shielding issues. Every hardware store will sell bog cheap Cat-6 to Cat-8, and that will be perfectly fine. I think that most of the Cat-8 advocates here so far promoted the bog cheap Cat-8 type, not the (possible) incorrectly made and overly expensive audiophile ones. And as the dCS guy states: Please note that he doesn't say that there is no (noticable) sonic difference between cables. Your mileage may differ with the cables, their lengths, the equipment used and the room you're in. This may also imply that when you don't hear any differences, that either your equipment is shielded soooo good that it is far beyond the standard of dCS, or Linn for that matter. the overall noise floor of your system exceeds the ethernet input by at least 12dB, drowning it into the generic noise of your system. For those who are 100% sure that cables do not matter, it may be interesting to find out where their systems are on that scale. 😁
  4. I was wondering the other day if the senior management of Linn are Apple or Android users?
  5. I started with a Z200. Little single cylinder. Progressed through RD250 RD400 GT750 GSXR750 R1 R1 R1 R1 XJ1300 BMW 650 dakar Nothing at the mo. 57 years old but getting the itch again, fancy a Bmw rr Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Today
  7. Andrei

Audia Flight Owner's Club

I'm gettin' really turned on man!
  8. MF 1000

RIP Nikki Lauda

One of the greats from the 1970's/80's and was a big part of the background team when Merc bought Brawn etc. To have suffered the horrific burns he did at the old Nurburgring and be back in a car racing just weeks later says it all about his character and toughness.
  9. I would just ask if someone is travelling west From London and we could meet near a station or underground stat and I could pay towards petrol costs? Would love to attend my first bake off as this is fairly close to Greater London. I live around Ealing. If anyone can attend or is to go please PM me @~here! Just need space in a car and then I will figure on bringing minimal stuffs.
  10. oldius

Big band recommendations

Sinatra's Swinging Session is a good one and I am big fan of Ellington's New Orleans Suite. I don't know of anyone now doing big band stuff now. I wouldn't think it is commercially viable unless you enter Buble territory.
  11. Seakiwi

one word daily

hurtled
  12. Millennium

one word daily

hurted
  13. Would it be possible to come along for a demo and listen for 30 mins or so? I would buy them depending on how they sound! If so please PM me with your amp and perhaps DAC equipment and I'll probably pop over -- I am near Shep Bush in London.
  14. Musicraft

Song Of The Day

Gajumaru (Yaima)
  15. Clearance/Special Offers List (PAGE 1) - Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier (demo/display unit) in Silver finish (RPP £8500) fitted with optional Esoteric OP-DAC1 DSD DAC (RRP £1100) + Esoteric N-05 Network Audio Player (demo/display unit) in Silver finish (RRP £7000) - Total UK RRP £16600_____Now £8800 Positive Feedback reviews Esoteric's F-05 integrated amplifier - https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/esoteric-f-05-integrated-amplifier/ ***** Please call before travelling ***** ***** IMPORTANT MESSAGE - ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A HEGEL MUSIC SYSTEMS H90 FROM US PLEASE CALL RICK ON 07727 272443 AS WE NEED TO DISCUSS ABOUT OFFERING YOU A CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR H90. THIS IN REGARDS TO OUR CURRENT H90 PRICE OF £362 (UK RRP £1500) ***** ***** Musicraft website - Special Offers list http://www.musicraft.co.uk/special-offers/ ***** ***** https://www.facebook.com/MusicraftUK ***** Thanks Rick @ Musicraft
  16. Please take a look at our Hegel Music Systems PRICES below and at our Clearance/Special Offers thread in Trade Sales on HFW - *****ALL HEGEL MUSIC SYSTEMS PRODUCTS LISTED ARE OFFICIAL HEGEL MUSIC SYSTEMS UK DEALER STOCK ***** ***** Musicraft - Clearance + Special Offers List https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/41304-for-sale-musicraft-derby-clearance-special-offers/ ***** ***** IMPORTANT MESSAGE - ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A HEGEL MUSIC SYSTEMS H90 FROM US PLEASE CALL RICK ON 07727 272443 AS WE NEED TO DISCUSS ABOUT OFFERING YOU A CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR H90. THIS IN REGARDS TO OUR CURRENT H90 PRICE OF £362 (UK RRP £1500) ***** ***** PLEASE NOTE: MORE HEGEL MUSIC SYSTEMS PRODUCTS WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIST BELOW IN DUE COURSE ***** Hegel Music Systems H30 Reference Mono 1100w/Stereo 350w Power Amplifier (demo/display unit) RRP £11000_____Now £3250 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H160 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £2450_____Now £592 - provisionally sold Hegel Music Systems H160 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £2450_____Now £592 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H160 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £2450_____Now £592 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems ROST amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £2200_____Was £700_____Now £534 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H90 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £1500_____Was £482_____Now £362 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems Mohican Reference SoundEngine Technology CD Player (demo/display unit) RRP £3900_____Now £1209 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems ROST amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £2200_____Now £589 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems ROST amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (BRISTOL 2017 SHOW UNIT) RRP £2200_____Now £599 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems HD30 DSD DAC/streamer/pre amp RRP £3900_____Was £1560_____Now £1250 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H90 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £1500_____Was £600_____Now £482 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H160 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £2450_____Was £975_____Now £782 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H160 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £2450_____Was £975_____Now £782 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems HD12 DSD DAC/pre amp/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £945_____Now £310 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H360 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp RRP £4000_____Was £1600_____Now £1279 - (BRAND NEW) - SOLD Hegel Music Systems H360 amp/DAC/streamer/headphone amp (demo/display unit) RRP £4000_____Now £1120 - SOLD Hegel Music Systems P30 Reference SoundEngine Technology Pre Amplifier (demo/display unit) RRP £5000_____Now £1600 - SOLD Musicraft is pleased to announce that at the Sound & Vision The Bristol Show on February 25th 2017 we received Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2016 Award and on February 8th 2016 we received Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of the Year 2015 Award which we proudly accepted on behalf of our clients. We and Hegel Music Systems thank our clients for helping establish and achieving great success with Hegel Music Systems in the UK. Musicraft is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of the Year 2015 and 2016. Musicraft (Derby) is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2015 and 2016 Musicraft (Derby) is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2015 and 2016 (our Rost and HD30 at the Show) Musicraft (Derby) is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2015 and 2016 Musicraft (Derby) is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2015 and 2016 (our H360 at the Show) Musicraft (Derby) is Hegel Music Systems UK Dealer of The Year 2015 and 2016 ***** Musicraft - Clearance + Special Offers List https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/41304-for-sale-musicraft-derby-clearance-special-offers/ ***** ***** https://www.facebook.com/MusicraftUK ***** ***** Musicraft website - Special Offers list http://www.musicraft.co.uk/special-offers/ ***** Thanks Rick @ Musicraft
  17. plasticpenguin

Big band recommendations

I'll check it out. I'm fine with modern as well as classic Jazz.
  18. plasticpenguin

Big band recommendations

I've got Miller and Dead Joe Loss. Thanks.
  19. .... but were overlooked. Why this wasn't a Bond theme I'll never know. This came out before Skyfall.
  20. Yesterday
  21. Hi, Is this cable still available ? Tks.
  22. eddie-baby

Are you keeping your old stuff alive?

Arr Phillips, yes. It is a lovely machine/chip that. And funny as I had a QBD76 one of Chords serious offerings (some even say one of the best ever) while I had my Trichord, the Trichord is still here the QBD isn't. I did finally get a more modern DAC that is just superior than the Trichord (at least IMO), yet I still really enjoy the Trichord, and I have no interest in ever selling it. Its not a record player obviously those are two totally different things, but in a very funny kind of way it reminds me of the turntable I never got around to getting back into.
  23. wHIZZY

The Digilog uses the Philips TDA1451 chip and so far it's been my personal favourite DAC. Chord Hugo and DiDiT 212 have been and gone but the Digi is going nowhere. I will keep you posted on the Pulsar and how it compares to the Digi.
  24. Millennium

It may be a month or two before I have at hand and own a Pink Triangle Dicaprio, my efforts will go into making sure it happens. The gentleman selling it has taken internal shots and says it comes with the 22__ - bit board and a coax digit an input (no timing port for the signal wave) while RCA output. I look forward to it! When it arrives I will post pictures and perhaps I will create a new thread comparing it to 1 or 2 older firmware of an MDAC with good PSU, Micromega DAC unit with 3 inputs and a well designed power stage, teac ud-h01 with a touch of tinkering and a DacMagic XS V2 (usb powered and a laudable headphone and seperates converter honestly). I think this is a good idea at my age of and as a new person to amplification in essences.
  25. Still for sale. If anyone wants just the cabs there may be a deal to be done. Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
  26. Blokes?!? Methinks it is time you became acquainted with the work of the Ragazze Quartet ... I first got to know the ESL57s in the late 1970s when my best mate had a pair (not the most obvious thing to see in a house in Brixton, but then, God rest him, he was always an oddball). In the 1990s, when I had Quad electronics and a pair of LS3/5As to compare them with, another friend inherited a set of ESL63s. Both were, of course beautifully uncoloured and distortion-free, and they were always an easy listen. But I have to agree with you about the lack of oomph. I used to go back to my humble standmount/sub-woofer combination and feel that it was actually more fun to listen to. That was true of string quartets as well. In fact, in all the classical repertoire, the great string quartets (late Beethoven, Janáček, Bartók, Shostakovich) actually, in my view, require a as great a dynamic range as a symphony orchestra as well as an equally good bass response (the 'cello goes down a long way). The ESLs are very responsive, but they are not particularly good at dealing with the extremes. As the great composers typically did not regard the string quartet as 'nice' music but used it as a means of taking their ideas to the edge, it follows that the ESLs would not be my first choice for listening to string quartets either. If i want "a bit more racket", the final movement of Bartók's 4th Quartet on my 'bariks does me very nicely, thank you. David
  27. eddie-baby

Ive had that itch a few times, never scratched it though, they do look nice. Used to get great reviews. Getting on on a bit now though not sure if they had longevity, didnt they used to run hot? Still, if you find a good one you should go for it Its obviously lasted this long.
  1. Load more activity