Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gaul

Tyneside town in song title shock!!

11 posts in this topic

[b]earl of sodbury wrote: [/b][quote][b]solidstateman wrote: [/b][quote]Within my circle of intimates, Xmas has gradually ceased to be an occasion for exchanging gifts. Instead we pool our money and splash it on a veritable 3 days of gourmet feasts.:cool: Besides, what can one stormtrooper buy another?:raoflmfao:Its an agreement we made during the lean recession years when some mates were tightening their belts.

Xmas is a time for rejoicing in cherished sentimental ties, and not to be precipitated by wasting energy on gruesome shopping/jostling trips. :nup:

I love Xmas.:party:
[/quote]
Fascinating - I SSuspect a Causal Relationship may exist between your not going xmas shopping, and the fact that you love Xmas.

Genius.
[/quote]
Earl, you sad gerbil... You need more thanone jar of M&Ms to sweeten up that sour seasonal disposition.:P

The money I have to spend on the eateries ain't peanuts, okay?:Upset:

No wonder I start a money-saving new diet every New Year's Day.:D

[b]solidstateman wrote: [/b][quote]Now I know where I can find me a seedy Frenchman if I visit Blighty, they're all peeping at vans in the parks at night.:lmao:[/quote]

If I tell you that this camera
[img]http://www.birdcamerabox.co.uk/I/Camera-bw-01-250.jpg[/img]

is used to watch this sort of birds

[img]http://www.birdcamerabox.co.uk/I/Birds/Blue-Tit.gif[/img]

I suppose it's too late... You won't believe me...

[b]gaul wrote: [/b][quote]I find them pompous, soporific, boring, not enthusiastic enough and did I say it soporific...
Also they seem to enjoy being unfriendly with newcomers to Hi-Fi.

Take any car magazine and digital camera magazine for instance.
They would answer to newbies queries, make detailed comparative tests for various price ranges... and would be eager to test all of them, not the unaffordable kits only...
[/quote]

thats exactly what I don't want in a magazine. I don't want to be treated as a newcomer, or shown stuff that I can go and see in every high street hifi store.