Mondie

Where in the UK can I order RSD 2014 vinyl releases?

20 posts in this topic

I am specifically very keen to get my hands on the 8 LP Cake vinyl set. Only 900 being released and I really want this.

Any advice appreciated :)

Try emailing or phoning a couple of the better independent record stores and see if they can help you.

I would try Piccadilly Records in Manchester and Resident in Brighton

Part of the rules regarding RSD is that you are not allowed to reserve or pre order anything. You also can't buy over the phone. You have to go to a shop and hope they got a copy of what ever you want. Last year I went to Sound It Out records in Stockton. They asked what people wanted, and tried to keep everyone happy, but there is no guarantee you will get it. :nup: I got lucky with what I wanted, but it the luck of the draw I guess. Some stuff had sold out before I got into the shop. ( 3 hour queue outside )

Try emailing or phoning a couple of the better independent record stores and see if they can help you.

Thanks Tel, thats not a bad suggestion

Its such a wank. 900 Cake box sets are being released only, most will go in the US. The chances of me being able to walk into a store in the Uk and get a set are non existent. So i either buy off eBay for a ridiculous price where the main beneficiary of RSD are the flippers or just forget it :(

Thanks Tel, thats not a bad suggestion

Its such a wank. 900 Cake box sets are being released only, most will go in the US. The chances of me being able to walk into a store in the Uk and get a set are non existent. So i either buy off eBay for a ridiculous price where the main beneficiary of RSD are the flippers or just forget it :(

Most participating shops put up detailed lists (beforehand, on-line) of what they are and are not stocking-few order or get everything from the full RSD list. Check who's getting what you're after otherwise you could waste a lot of time!

You might get lucky after the day-shops are allowed to sell off leftovers on-line, this has helped me out before and avoided inflated Ebay opportunists.

I haven't looked, but is the Cake thing on the UK list? There are very often records released in individual countries only..the RSD list isn't universal.

Good luck!

I hope they would tell you to get up early and go and support your local record store. The queue is a big part of the day, At my local shop they put bands on and provide drinks and food. It's a great atmosphere.

The shops will have a list of what they have on the day which gets passed down the queue, so if they don't have what you want you can get your self off to the pub.

My local dealer tries to order enough stock for his regulars.I have not yet seen any pancake release on the list yet. What is the artist? .If it was on the list I would try to get you a copy, assuming its not going to break the bank.

Regards

Alan

Where do you even find a list of this years releases. I never bother to get too excited about it anyway. Queued last year in Belfast but only bought Durutti Column and The Glove. The glove is now reduced by a factor of 50% and conversely the Durutti Column is worth a fortune! I did sneak back a few weeks later and buy a second copy.

I still can't make my mind up about RSD....the prices on the day are silly and yet we shell out our hard earned.

RSD UK (and everywhere else) has a page.

(Recordstoreday.com on March 20th,

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/record-store-day-2014rsd-7-april-19.html?m=1 for updates in the meantime.)

Individual shops on line.

They will be there soon if they aren't already.

I can take it or leave it most years.

Most days are Record Shop Days round here :)

There is a nice Durutti Column record again this year.

My local dealer tries to order enough stock for his regulars.I have not yet seen any pancake release on the list yet. What is the artist? .If it was on the list I would try to get you a copy, assuming its not going to break the bank.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan, This is the set I am asking about:

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/03/07/cake-box-set-confirmed-for-record-store-day/

RRP in the US is $130, less than the cost of the Fashion Nugget vinyl alone on the used market.

Looks like this is getting released in the Uk according to the link posted by Voicethe....

Cheers

Drop me a pm please, so we can discuss off line

Alan