Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamPal

iPOD

iPODs are fashion first, music second   9 members have voted

1. 1. iPODs are fashion first, music second

• Yes I agree .. Tchoh!
    • No, I have one and see below why you should too
    • I'm NotAClue and the poll is flawed

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

still setting things up, some rooms will stay, others will expand, and some will drop, too new to be set in it's ways yet

garyi wrote:

Seems Ok this end, the only thing I am missing is a generic reply button, I have to reply to an indivdual post.Far to many rooms as well ;)

Try replying with a quote,

and also try

typing

on

separate

lines

and see what happens...

;)

Hawk wrote:

garyi wrote:
Could be a deal breaker, I removed explorer about 2 years ago lol.

Have you got firefox or any other browsers? I'd be interested to see if they work because having to use explorer is a pain in the arse..

Hawk

Try Deepnet Explorer. English outfit.

hifiwigwam wrote:

I contend that iPOD's are overpriced Apple rip off shite. And that people only buy them becasue the white cable and apple ear pieces are a fashion statement.

When I see them it gives me that same feeling as seeing a Woman delivering her overweight kids to school in a 4x4. :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: WALK you lazy bstsrdds!

Sorry, I got carried away a bit there.

Any way. if I am wrong about the iPOD statemnet then let me know. I know I am right about t he 4x4 school runners so don't even get me started :D:D Why do they have to have those Bull Bars on the front.. is it for the grieving parents to tie the flowers onto.. :grrr::grrr::grrr: sorry i went again... it's bubbling over this morning.. no school and the traffic is down by at least 90%.. no wonder all the kids are fat.. Christ i can't stop... help mee...

Having just been given a Shuffle, it's hard to agree with your POV on iPods. This little thing is marvelous. Surprising musical (though my laptop was recently modded by Naim), well designed and, for me, free. I highly recommend it.

paulberry wrote:

Please note that the i-pod shuffle is different with better quality than others i-pod or others mp3.

IT works also uncompressed.But with aac surprise you in strong positive way.

Bollox, we have an Ipod shuffle and an Iriver H140 and theres nothing in it, and they both aren't hifi

analoguekid wrote:

paulberry wrote:
Please note that the i-pod shuffle is different with better quality than others i-pod or others mp3.

IT works also uncompressed.But with aac surprise you in strong positive way.

Bollox, we have an Ipod shuffle and an Iriver H140 and theres nothing in it, and they both aren't hifi

Paul Berry talking Bollocks :shock:? Shurely Shome Mistake

AAC, MP3 and all those compressed music file types aren't hifi. However, they aren't the only codecs available. Using uncompressed files such as WAV and AIFF on your portable will result in 'hifi' quality sound (you'll probably run out of storage space quitequickly though).

iRiver/iPod (AIFF/WAV)---> DAC (such as that MF Tube Buffer for instance)---> amp ---> speakers = hifi?