banjoman

Copland CSA 28 - couple of questions

9 posts in this topic

Recently bought a used Copland CSA28 hybrid integrated to play with and actually pleasantly surprised that it sounds pretty good.

For any CSA 28 users out there, had anyone got a user manual for the amp I could get a copy of please? Cant seem to find one on the web.

Another question - anyone tried tube rolling in the CSA 28? Worth it?

Thanks PAul

Will contact Absolute Sounds

Cheers

Deba

Contact yolina (at) absolutesounds (dot) com

AS are UK distributors for Copland and very helpful IME

Tube rolling is always worthwhile IMHO, especially if starting with basic standard valves of unknown hours.

Hi Deba, very pleased you're enjoying it. It was not totally my liking compared to the energy of the 7R with my SHL5. Regarding tube rolling, a friend of mine who is an former owner of a CSA28 just stated on a forum that 7308 Ampérex nos (PQ white label) were the way to go.

Thanks Didier. The Crofts easily beat the Copland, but as an easy to use integrated, I'm quite enjoying it.

Thanks for the Amperex tip. Will look out.

Hi Deba, very pleased you're enjoying it. It was not totally my liking compared to the energy of the 7R with my SHL5. Regarding tube rolling, a friend of mine who is an former owner of a CSA28 just stated on a forum that 7308 Ampérex nos (PQ white label) were the way to go.

I have a CSA-14 which is basically the same amp, I have rolled the valves to a pair of 70s NOS Mullards and the amp sounds better the the EHs that were in it, slightly deeper bass and slightly more mellow.

Thanks Steve. Good to know that tube rolling can help/change things for these amps - will give it a go

The CSA-28 is a great integrated amp - I used one for some time, paired with Ruark Templar speakers, which seemed to work very well. As always, ensuring compatibility between kit makes huge difference.

Enjoy!

Keith

Thanks again for the suggestion and contact. Yolina was very helpful and sent me a copy straightaway

Cheers

Deba

Contact yolina (at) absolutesounds (dot) com

AS are UK distributors for Copland and very helpful IME

Tube rolling is always worthwhile IMHO, especially if starting with basic standard valves of unknown hours.

I'm not Keith you dozy cunt. :doh:

Got my Purite's mixed up, Paul! :-)