Lotus HiFi

Exciting Allnic news .....

47 posts in this topic

Dealer

Some customer feedback on the H5000 DHT phonostage. He was previously using a £25k Vitus SP102 phono (no slouch in itself !):

"Hi Rich,

I finally got around to listening "properly" to the H5000DHT last night. Oh my goodness, it really is something special! It injects life into the Jan Allaerts and makes it sound like the Puritas, which as you know is extremely dynamic. The soundstage is MASSIVE, and so relaxed and quiet, but explosive when it needs to be.""

Dealer

You don't have to pay for upgrades, ship your equipment back for alteration or even wait for a whole new product range launch .... Allnic push pull amplifiers come shipped already with the fabulous KT150 free of charge.

Existing owners of T2000 integrated, M3000 monoblocks and A2000 stereo amp simply need to swap over. The superiority of this tube over the 120 really is quite staggering ... much more power, beauty, grace and realism.

kt150_web.jpg

Dealer

Some early customer impressions of the wonderful little Allnic AUT2000 step-up:

'The little SUT is just lovely! It adds quite a bit to the Allnic 1201 phonostage in that I find the music even clearer, even more stable and, if anything, a bit more projected into the room. And amazingly silent! It also transforms the sound of my Whest phono stage, removing the sense of sterility which is what has got me testing other kit.'

HiFi+ review to be published very soon courtesy of Alan Sircom. Also a review on the Wam in due course.

AUT2000Front.jpg

Dealer

a great review from down under for the entry H1201 phono:

http://i.nextmedia.com.au/Assets/AHF_Nov15_Allnic_H-1201.pdf

"The H-1201 retained everything I love about vinyl: the incredible realism of the stereo staging, the precision of the treble, and the organic, rich sound of the bass, but at the same time delivered an even-more sweet-sounding midrange than I’ve heard before, plus an over-arching ‘richness’ in the sonic tapestry that I can’t find words to describe, other than to say I was enchanted. " Steve Holding, Australian Hifi

"when you hear the sound of your favourite LPs, as reproduced by your favourite phono cartridge operating through the Allnic H-1201, you will instantly forget all about resistance and capacitance matching, because you will be so thrilled by the incredible purity of the sound you’re hearing, to the extent that it will likely be as if you’re hearing the music for the first time" Steve Holding, Australian Hifi

Introducing the Allnic AUT-2000 step up. This is a wonderful little unit employing the step ups from the mighty H3000 phono. Featuring a custom nickel wound permalloy nickel transformer system, 4 levels of gain (22, 26, 28 and 32db) inside a solid 2kg CNC milled aluminium chassis.

£1395 and on demo and home loan at LOTUS

_MG_4293.jpg

_MG_4296.jpg

_MG_4297.jpg

Features

Both the transformer and the selector switch embedded within a single block of mu-metal shielded casing. Mechanical vibration in the unit is greatly

reduced.

In addition, the spaces between the transformers and the unit’s body are filled with a silicone elastomer that possesses excellent vibration attenuation characteristics.

The Allnic AUT-2000's unique structure significantly reduces the length of the signal path and substantially improves the signal to noise (S/N) ratio.

The Allnic AUT-2000 has an exceptionally flat signal response across a broad frequency range, using a secondary load resistor at 47 kOhms, as installed for MM cartridges in phono stage circuitry. (Allnic does not manipulate lower valued resistors to produce a flatter response curve).

The large nickel Permalloy cores in the transformers result in high input voltage saturation and, consequently, very deep bass reproduction.

The Allnic AUT-2000 is equipped with a separate gain selector for each channel. This eliminates channel crosstalk from the unit.

Provision of lower gain levels helps to accommodate the current ever growing number of high output MC cartridges.

Use of a five-sectioned sandwich winding method for the transformers reduces leakage, inductance and capacitance. This significantly improves high frequency response.

The AUT 2000 is small and may be installed near the turntable, allowing the use of interconnection cables that are as short as possible.

As are all Allnic Audio products, the AUT 2000 is fully RoHS (EU Reduction of Hazardous Substances regulation) compliant in construction and materials.

PRODUCT MANUAL: http://www.hammertoneaudio.com/Images/Products/Allnic%20AUT%202000%20Manual%20-%20Revised%2028-11-09.pdf

I have one here. It's ridiculous how much difference it makes. It's exceptionally good.

Dealer
I have one here. It's ridiculous how much difference it makes. It's exceptionally good.

Great stuff ! Look forward to the review then :)

Dealer

Demo T2000 Integrated now running the new KT150 valve.

The performance leap over the 120's is absolutely stunning. Dynamics especially have taken a huge leap.

It's been a while and I'd forgotten just what a wonderful single box amp this is. Amazing value at 6k.

_MG_4716.jpg

Dealer

12.5 Watts of pure 300b nectar

£4995 on shop and home demo

silver or black

_MG_4726a.jpg

The T-1500 stereo amplifier is Allnic Audio’s top of the line 300B SET stereo integrated amplifier model. Like all Allnic Audio products, the T-1500 has Permalloy (iron and nickel alloy) for its transformer cores. Allnic is grateful to Mr. G.W. Elmen of Western Electric for inventing Permalloy for transformer core use, and in so doing, providing an enormous service to recorded music listeners everywhere.

The T-1500 has the following features:

12.5 watts per channel of pure class A high power output. The T-1500 is a single ended power amplifier. Almost all other 300B amplifiers are under, and distortion, driven. This is a result of the use of conventional "Resister- Capacitor" circuits, which give only up to around a 70V swing voltage, with high distortion. This means that an already distorted signal of a lower than optimum swing voltage is directed to the deep biased 300B grid. Allnic’s powerful "Inductor Drive" circuit gives up to a 150V swing voltage, with very low distortion (about 0.3%). It is this drive delivered to the T-1500 that allows for a higher output (12.5w) than the approximately 8 - 10w output that could be expected from standard 300B circuits.

Real power drive. The driver tube, a PCL86, is a very strong power pentode/triode. We use this power pentode to drive the 300B’s via a choke plate inductor. Our choke inductor (100% nickel permalloy PC core) has very low power loss and infinitely high load impedance. This configuration is an ideal drive stage for 300B SET.

No separate preamplifier section. The T-1500 has only two gain stages, with a total gain of +35dB. The PCL86 driver tube gain stage receives the signal directly from the line inputs. The reduced number of gain stages means less distortion. Nickel alloy output transformer. Allnic uses sophisticated ratio mixed nickel permalloy PB cored output transformers. Because of their extremely high initial permeability, it is possible to use lower turns on the primary winding while retaining very high 'open circuit inductance”. That means a resulting very wide frequency range and low distortion bass response. This is another reason why the T-1500 excels over other 300B integrated amplifiers.

Allnic also uses a very big nickel core, so as not to be magnetically saturated at a high current of level of 100mA.

Long life and trouble-free operation. Allnic employs a “soft start circuit” to protect the tubes and other parts. It applies the high B+ voltage only after tubes are fully warmed-up.

Fixed bias control grid. Allnic prefers to use low distortion and high output “fixed bias” rather than the relatively higher distortion and lower output “self-bias” method. That way, it is possible to eliminate the use of cathode resisters and their associated heat production.

Natural negative feedback. The T-1500 applies about -6dB of negative feedback. This is a very complimentary amount of negative feedback that differentiates the Allnic 300B single ended amplifier from the standard, which has a very coloured and weak speaker driving force. With this natural feedback, the T-1500 has a relatively high “damping factor', very low distortion, and a higher S/N ratio, without losing the signature single ended natural sound quality. We use a high quality 41 step silver contact attenuator (all resistors non-inductive) instead of a carbon filmed slide potentiometer.

REVIEWS:

http://dagogo.com/allnic-t1500-300b-integrated-amplifier-review

http://hifilivemagazine.com/allnic-audio-t-1500-2/

http://www.stereophile.com/content/2013-recommended-components-integrated-amps-amp-receivers

"One of the world's most beautifully crafted amplifiers. A stunning value.", Stereophile, CLASS A recommended component

Dealer

Hifi Plus magazines review of the Allnic AUT2000 step up ....

"The AUT‑2000 lets both cartridge and phono stage do their respective jobs

without getting in the way, and the more

you listen, the more you realise just how

important that ‘do no harm’ approach really

is."

http://www.lotus340r.net/reviews/Allnic_AUT2000_StepUp_HiFi+.pdf

Dealer

2015 is going to be a very busy and exciting year for Allnic .....

no less than four new products will be launched in the next couple of months

here's a sneak peak of a couple of them in final testing, these two are from the more budget end of the spectrum

the same amazingly high sonic standards we have come to expect from the brand, but at even more affordable prices

allnic2015.jpg

Dealer

ALLNIC ANNOUNCE THE T1800 EL34 Amplifier.

This 40wpc integrated joins the existing T2000 and T1500 and will be offered at a special introductory price here in the UK of £4500. Reports from the factory and Korean testing indicate that this is going to be one cracking little unit.

More details to follow soon.

t1800_1.jpg

Dealer

Exciting Times !!! The long awaited Allnic speaker cables have landed in the UK.

Introducing the ZL-3000 with some very unique manufactoring specs. Kang Su Park never follows the crowd ! I gather the welding machine he is using to make these wires can only be operated at night as it takes down half the grid at Gangam :)

UK pricing to follow soon on these and the flagship ZL-5000. As always, just shout for a home demo.

image%281%29.JPG

image%282%29.JPG

image%283%29.JPG

image%284%29.JPG

image%285%29.JPG

image%286%29.JPG

Dealer

A very nice review of the wonderful £4995 Allnic T1500 300b integrated from the guys and gals over at Hifi Pig:

http://hifipig.com/allnic-t1500-amplifier/

IMG_3839.jpg

Dealer

In repsonse to this recent wigwam post:

"Having recently sold my amplification, I'm now on the look out for something new. I have my heart pretty much set on Leben (to go with my phono), but might be swayed by Allnic (T2000) or something else perhaps if you have something to suggest. I'm aware of the Leben here and the Allnic at HiFi Broker, but the T2000 isn't in the UK to demo."

I wish to clarify that the Allnic T2000 (with KT150 valves) is most definitely on demo and has been consistently for the last 2 years here at Lotus.

More info here:http://www.lotus340r.net/items/t2000.htm

T2000b.jpg

Dealer

"listened to straight out of the box, the Allnic presented its signature strengths: an up-front, present, and tactile sound with exceptional color, impact, and drive. Indeed, the first recording I heard through the D-5000 triggered a true Holy shit moment—one in which it was already apparent that the Allnic was among the very finest-sounding digital products I've heard."

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/allnic-d-5000-dht-da-processor#aVp4Yh16wjxAw85m.99

_MG_4655.jpg