zaktech

FS: Meridian 556 power amplifiers

5 posts in this topic

2x 556 amplifiers in very good 9/10 condition. £SOLD each, including insured 48hour courier delivery. Happy to sell separately. Demonstration and collection is possible from the Leeds/Wakefield area. Glass panel not scratched. 100% working order. PM me if you have any questions.

Pictures available - will post here as soon as I can reduce the quality or size from Mbytes to Kbytes.

Hi Zaktech,

if you go to Imageshack.us you can upload your images for free at whatever size you want (I would suggest 800x600 for forum use) for free and it will give you all the URL code to make them appear in the text body of your ad.

Good luck with your sale.

James.

Hi Zaktech' date='

if you go to Imageshack.us you can upload your images for free at whatever size you want (I would suggest 800x600 for forum use) for free and it will give you all the URL code to make them appear in the text body of your ad.

Good luck with your sale.

James.[/quote']

Thanks James. I'll do it later tonight.

Just did a quick google' date=' are these stereo amps? And if so can they be bridged? I'm assuming that's why you have a pair.

Regards,

John.[/quote']

Hi John,

They're not bridgeable like the 557. They are 107wpc into 8ohms and 170+wpc into 4ohms. It has a massive 800va toroidal transformer (same as a Krell 400xi). This allows very high current delivery and its designed to cope with loads down to 1ohm. A dual mono construction, meant to rival the Linn Klout. Excellent amplifier.. Many reviews available on the Internet. This 556 replaced my Krell 400xi - I prefer the sound from these to the Krell (less bright and smoother, sweeter mids compared to the 400xi). I have two because I experimented with bi amplification, and I can't tell much difference biamping, so at least one can go.

Cheers, Zak