Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

age136

Q Acoustics Concept 20

55 posts in this topic

I have just bought Loosends pair of Q Acoustics 1010 which have just arrived here, and I can honestly say I am completely amazed at how good they are.

I know they have a good reputaion at the budget end , and from what i've read on here Gromits ( i think ) system with q acoustics in had excellent reviews at scalford.

The concept 20s have a rrp of £350 plus £200 for the matching stands . Be interesting to read a proper review on them . Hopefully on here! :)

I'm being sent a pair on Friday. I'm rather looking forward to them.

:^ Excellent - will be interested to read of what you think of them.

I love the little 2010i's - they do need a fair bit of running in (they sound slighty dim-witted, flabby and slow when fresh out of the box) and IME respond well to plenty of current from an amp with well-damped bass. I've had mine on the end of 4 different amps now, and each time the amp has got bigger, the little Q's have improved.

They look very interesting indeed, look forward to reading and hearing them!

I would also be interested to hear opinions on these.

Now that my Obelisks are gone, I am temporarily running my Q 2010i (taken from my home cinema setup) with my Krell FPB300 and the results are shockingly good! :shock: (It helps that the 2010i are on Target R2 stands).

I must post a pic: £9k power amp with £120 speakers :nuts:

Lefty

Hehe, I can see a Wigwam group power buy on Q Acoustics speakers!

I'm currently using some little Mordaunt Short MS10i (Pearl I think), I think they are terrific.

damn tempted to get some 2020i and a denon dm39 dab thingy and just be done with it!

I bet your not the only one:^

I would also be interested to hear opinions on these.

Now that my Obelisks are gone, I am temporarily running my Q 2010i (taken from my home cinema setup) with my Krell FPB300 and the results are shockingly good! :shock: (It helps that the 2010i are on Target R2 stands).

I must post a pic: £9k power amp with £120 speakers :nuts:

Lefty

Excellent. :)

As I'm so happy with the 2010i's, I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of 2020i's to try but after a long listening sesh yesterday afternoon (with just me in the house so could crank things up hurrah!) the little ones just integrate so well in the room I'm loath to risk upsetting the balance.

Think it might be time to go cartridge/phonostage shopping instead. :)

damn tempted to get some 2020i and a denon dm39 dab thingy and just be done with it!

Heard them together and sounded crap, given the recent comments on the Q's I can only imagine they need a bit of juice to do them justice.

As I'm so happy with the 2010i's, I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of 2020i's to try but after a long listening sesh yesterday afternoon (with just me in the house so could crank things up hurrah!) the little ones just integrate so well in the room I'm loath to risk upsetting the balance.

That's exactly the situation I'm in at present - trying to resist the temptation to 'improve' the system with 2020i

Another dilemma is that the Krell will be departing soon (going back to its original owner) so am trying to figure out what will replace it and if the 'magic' will go with it. I've just hooked up my standby amp (a Marantz PM6010KI) and the sound has deflated somewhat :( Still tonally very nice, but the snap, least edge definition and involvement has reduced.

Despite their low price tag, these title 2010i are real divas! They don't get out of bed for cheap amplification!

Question is do I retain the Krell just to drive a pair of £120 Richer Sounds specials? :dunno:

Lefty

Despite their low price tag, these title 2010i are real divas! They don't get out of bed for cheap amplification!

Question is do I retain the Krell just to drive a pair of £120 Richer Sounds specials? :dunno:

Lefty

I've found they need a little bit of owner participation too to get the best out of them - getting their positioning right took quite some time, but they're so revealing they soon let you know when things are right. Amp-wise, my dad uses a pair of 2010i's (the first pair I bought for him, to swap for his ProAcs) with a clamshell Brio and whilst they sound ok, they really don't sing anywhere near the same as they do on the end of my big Sony amp. The Q's are just too much for the Rega.

Peter Empson at Deco Audio (who sells the whole Q range) had been raving about them for some time and as usual he's come up trumps in recommending these.