harv

Why is my car pulling to the left...

33 posts in this topic

the car is a Honda Jazz... 10 plate...

Its been serviced recently and I have just had 4 wheel alignment checked by ATS (after Honda told me after the service that they only do 2 wheels) which was all within tolerance but the car still pulls to the left. ATS said that two of the wheels were down to 10-13psi but they were all checked and set to 32psi last week. They inflated all of the tyres to 32psi again and just driven it home and its still doing it.

if I leave the steering wheel dead centre it will slowly start veering left, it does it at slow speed and normal speed

the car has been kerbed a few times most recently in the snow but if it all within the normal tolerance...

What else can it be? :?

Staff

Perhaps the previous owner was Ken Livingstone ;-).

swap the front wheels over...left to right and right to left...and see if that makes a difference...

Its been serviced recently and I have just had 4 wheel alignment checked by ATS (after Honda told me after the service that they only do 2 wheels) which was all within tolerance but the car still pulls to the left. ATS said that two of the wheels were down to 10-13psi but they were all checked and set to 32psi last week. They inflated all of the tyres to 32psi again and just driven it home and its still doing it.

if I leave the steering wheel dead centre it will slowly start veering left, it does it at slow speed and normal speed

the car has been kerbed a few times most recently in the snow but if it all within the normal tolerance...

agree with al , if still the same "big pohole recently" allignment /balljoint , or emergency stop with a "flatspot" on the tyre

Four wheel alignment...is a mirror system set up right round the car...on all four wheels...presuming that the rear wheels are in alignment..they are set using light beams shone into the mirrors..once the front wheels are aligned to the rears...then the tow in/out..is adjusted..a car will naturally pull to the left because of the camber of the road...are your front tyres of the same make/size..??

I would check your track rod ends...and see if the lock nuts have been moved..to see if the alignment has actually been altered...not that I'm saying that ATS have charged you for work not done:whistle:

Four wheel alignment...is a mirror system set up right round the car...on all four wheels...presuming that the rear wheels are in alignment..they are set using light beams shone into the mirrors..once the front wheels are aligned to the rears...then the tow in/out..is adjusted..a car will naturally pull to the left because of the camber of the road...are your front tyres of the same make/size..??

If a caliper was seizing up, one would have to notice the burning brake smell??? Even the wheel would get hot.

Being a Honda I'd go a caliper, or, if due the tracking being out the front tyres are worn into a pattern that is continuing the error? or your tracking has not been adjusted correctly.

The solution seems obvious to me, the car is DEFUCKTIVE, take it back and get it fixed!

might well have to... the tyres were checked, and front and back are different brands but side to side are the same and replaced at the same time... not noticed any burning smell.

Will just have to get to Honda to look at it again as its still under warranty... ATS didn't charge me anything btw for their checks