F/S Kimber Monocle X 9ft pair - much cheapness

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks.

I'm selling a pair of Kimber Monocle X SUPER FOO FIRE HOSE LADY MAGNET* speaker cables.

The "sheath" (oo-er) of each cable is 109" (9ft 1in, 2m77) with an additional 5" (13cm) of cable sticking out of either end.

The cables are terminated with WBT 0645 locking bananas.

A pin on one of these had snapped off so I replaced the whole plug at preposterous expense. The replacement was fitted using the correct Torx wrench.

Of the 8 total plugs, 3 are missing the stupid plastic pin thing that sticks out from under the main copper pin. What is the purpose of this thing? To encourage you to plug it into continental mains? Good riddance, I say.

Dear old Russ appears to want £987 for an 8ft pair of these in his "sale".

I bought these cables from a fellow Wammer just over a year ago. As tempting as it is to come up with the old saw of "I just want what I paid", I don't. I paid £400 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I'd like £300 + £10 shipping (in the UK only).

Inspection and / or collection from London SE21 is positively encouraged.

P1020036.JPG

P1020037.JPG

P1020038.JPG

Cheers,

/g

* not guaranteed to attract the opposite sex. Might make Pink Floyd sound bearable though.

Looks like these are sold. Sorry east_dream - Lee beat you to the punch.

Cheers,

Guy

Of the 8 total plugs, 3 are missing the stupid plastic pin thing that sticks out from under the main copper pin. What is the purpose of this thing? To encourage you to plug it into continental mains? Good riddance, I say.

Ironically I understand this is a safety feature so that it won't plug it in to a mains socket.

I also dislike them because they won't fit all speaker binding posts (e.g. Thiel which are much wider than most).