Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bourney

Heybrook Quartets...anyone know owt about them?

30 posts in this topic

for some reason i have just bought some on a whim!!

they look lovely from the photos in Burr walnut with matching stands. only info i can find is that they cost 575 quid in 1995. the auction stated they were 92dB sensitivity and 8ohm load. just wondering if anyone has ever heard them or heard anything about them. they are just tohave a play with and perhaps use at the missus's house instead of my little minstrels...unless they soudn amazing on the end of my system :)

anyone?

ps i would post a link but i use a daft apple computer at home and i dont know how to use the fecking thing!!

You could try contacting Peter Comeau, now boss man at World Designs. He was the owner/designer at Heybrook in the Quartet era I believe.

WD forum link http://www.wduk.worldomain.net/forum/

Heybrook Quartets - classy looking standmounters, but no great shakes in the sound department. The hifi mags would probably call them 'polite'. They sounded good, but they didn't rock. Too much restraint for my taste.
As posted by a member on another forum describing them. He has horns now and seems to like rock music.

thanks chaps, got to colleted from Rotherham so could be a bit damp!

henry i think i am more of a refined type than a rocker :D so they could work well.

these are the fellas.

handsome

They're nice, but less than, err, two thirds of the Sextets (of which there are a pair on ebay right now). However, the Sextets will probably go for £500ish. When I worked in a hi-fi shop, many years ago, the Sextets were the only speaker there that I really wanted to buy - shame the salary was so bad that I couldn't afford them! I still hanker after a pair...

The Heybrook sound is accurate and detailed, probably more for classical than head-banging. I like them a lot; IMO you have a good bargain :)

Adam

EXCELLENT :) thanks Adam.i listen mostly to commercial acoustic/vocal stuff like jack Johnson etc.(mock away!! :D) so they may work nicely.I saw the big uns, they look lovely! are the cabinets as nice in real life as the photos suggest?

RWI, i am still planning to buy the RW33's. waiting for the cheque to arrive for the R33's first tho before i commit. still loving them.

Bourney wrote:

EXCELLENT :) thanks Adam.i listen mostly to commercial acoustic/vocal stuff like jack Johnson etc.(mock away!! :D) so they may work nicely.I saw the big uns, they look lovely! are the cabinets as nice in real life as the photos suggest?

RWI, i am still planning to buy the RW33's. waiting for the cheque to arrive for the R33's first tho before i commit. still loving them.

Nice one, I wouldnt mind seeing a pic of the RW33 when you get em.

Jack Johnson fan myself:cool:

Bourney wrote:

Yeah they're pretty good looking as well as good sounding. I hope you like them - let us know!