Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PAG

KontaK cleaner

20 posts in this topic

Yeah mate, I bought a bottle about a year agoand was a bit sceptical. I did my whole system with itagain about a fortnight ago. I don't know if its all in my head but it does seem to make a difference. It does remove a load of muck as well!

KxF

JPG wrote:

Umm- is it isopropanol? Possibly with a dash of water and a drop of fairey liquid?

Its a touch more volatile than that. If you leave the top off, it evapourates extremely fast. I alsounderstand that there is a chemical thatmaximises electrical contact within the formula.It's not worth the money I agree but, tell me what tweaks are besides a few that involve blu-tak...

kingsxfan wrote:

Miller-8 wrote:
Doesnt Deoxit leave a contact residue behind too? And you get that in a big can.

Probably, I'd buy that next time to be honest but kontak does do what it says, although it is very expensive.

I treated my entire system with deoxit including the mains blocks and plugs.

I couldn't hear any difference what so ever after doing it.

I've been using Deoxit and ProGold for many years now as a matter of fact everytime I add, remove or change around a piece of equipment or an interconnect. I remember what a difference it made when I first used it about six years ago. I'm still using the original stuff, so it appears to be quite economical.

I used strong Vodka to clean my Tape deck's play and record head. I clean my power plugs with Brasso and use Mr. Sheen for interconnects, speakers plugs....all of above cleaning agent can be find in every household.;)

ob1971 wrote:

I used strong Vodka to clean my Tape deck's play and record head. I clean my power plugs with Brasso and use Mr. Sheen for interconnects, speakers plugs....all of above cleaning agent can be find in every household.;)

I use Brasso for power plugs too. You can get a really nice shine on them. Once I even used a Dremel to polish the pins on all my power plugs. They were sparkling.

I remember seeing some place online selling silver plated power plugs, and they had a close up of the pins and you could see they hadnt even bothered to polish them properly before plating, they were all rough and pitted.