Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicpom

do we have any atheist politicians in UK?

72 posts in this topic

Too obvious to be likely, but is the PSU's output AC or DC?

Assuming it's a variable output have you experimented with lower and higher voltages?

Have you checked the o/p voltage with a meter? The PSU's claimed outputs are not always terribly accurate.

They all seem to be victims of religion: Blair, Brown, Cameron...are there no UK politicians who speak out against religion in politics?

I was told recently by some techies I know that 1080p input (even if you could find a way to do it)into a CRT will cause a loud bang, not sure of the veracity of this, maybe someone can confirm.

[b]Matt J wrote: [/b][quote][b]wickfut wrote: [/b][quote]do you work for[color=red]beresford[/color] ?[/quote]

how'dya guess? :shock:
[/quote]

wickfut actually said "behringer".

Tsk Tsk .... [b][color=red]VERY[/color][/b] naughty - if [b]you[/b] want to say "beresford" that's fine, Matt J- but deliberately misquoting another Wammer by changing their text is very naughty indeed.

:off:

[b]TigerTiger wrote: [/b][quote]Decent room there Craig, need to move that chair though.. never been to Copenhagen, Oslo a couple of times, February as I remember, grey and slushy, not the same I guess.

Cheers,

Geo

P.S. did I mention that the 1007's are great..:note:
[/quote]

G, the whole arrnagment of the room is a bone of contention- this is always the most difficult of negotiations:)The chair will, I safely predict, be gone when the dust has settled. One can only hope, however, than I am not gone too:dude:

Yes, I am aware that you are loving my lovely ex-speakers, your daily emails leave me in no doubt whatsoever:D:D:D:D

[b]rockmeister wrote: [/b][quote]In choosing a lawnmower, what matters most? The size and power of the engine, the quality and efficiency of the cutting equipment, or the mowers ability to travers tricky terrain and still cut well???
(yes I know you can see the trap...just answer the question)
:)[/quote]

no none of those just one the phucker could sit on and also go to the local store on to get me groceries.;)....

and no i dont look a complete pratt as a lot of the rednecks round here do the same.

The 2401's and 2402's are both studio monitors...well it says so on my brochure! :)

Although in the diagrams it shows both studio and domestic settings.

If you check the freq charts for the speakers and do some calc's (like some guy did for me!) then loud levels can be achieved with 50-100W.

Unsure about the Exclusive line of amps, yes they are solid state but were more intended for domestic duties and appeared later on compared to the speakers which are quite old.

A decent CD transport makes a huge difference, if your electronics are up to discerning the difference.

The better the transport the better the data reading, the less error correction required, etc etc. (Lets not mention rubbish DVD rom drives etc etc which are etc etc)

And on a decent system, even with jitter reduced, and a memory buffer used, differences between CD transports can be heard.

Respect. Very very nice Keith!

I can imagine with that combination it would sound excellent.

I am looking at a YL tweeter, GOTO or Pioneer PT-R9 / R100 ribbon. As i'm a complete novice at crossover design i am a bit frightened at this!

The innards of the 2402 are not easily accessed and i don't want to mess with things. The right selection of amp is the first thing along with stands and placement.

Like my girlfriend says it's best to take it long and slow...har har :)

Take 4 musical birthday cards
Remove the chips and power supplies.
bury the chips (which should be beeping "Happy Birthday to you" all the while) at the various extremities of the area affected near the hills
Sit back and have several beers.

Believe it or not, this has worked on the three seperate occasions I've been forced to use it. No casualties either :).

Either date is good for me.