michaelgb

the dark knight rises

14 posts in this topic

what do you expect its a comic book

take your point but i DOnt mind comic book stuff, enjoyed the first two films ok but this third one annoyed me ,, for example,,the sound, michael caine, convoluted plot that keeps going nowhere,,,, though the visuals and ending were good .

I agree, about on par with the 1st I thought, trouble was Heath Ledger did such an epic portrayal of the Joker perhaps it could never of been followed, that and the pace of the 2nd film seemed better.

I really wanted to love this film but I found it too predictable right from the off.

The trouble is the second one was so good that it was impossible to top and there were too many dull deep plot moments that just weren't deep.

Even the action was a bit of a non event - having said all that I still enjoyed for what it was, a good finale to an epic series :)

Younger daughter and her Everton-supporting boyfriend enjoyed film in Brigstowe flix yesterday.

I saw in Taunton flix 1966 first proper Batman film, so am fussier.

I confess that i was brought up on proper Superman DC comics, and Bat was a 2nd choice until super Commodore C64 2-3 games c. early 1990s. PC-[B]AMIGA[/B] versions graphically superior, but ran/run like Alfred in treacle.

[quote name='Pelagic']Quite.

Slightly OT. Why does hollywood go on about it (and others) as being a 'franchise'? Macdonalds is a franchise...[/QUOTE]

Because the Batman Brand will get applied to lots of outlets like Offical Video Games, Toys, Clothes, watches, special edition items etc with specific spin offs in relation to the films (like Cartoons, more games etc)

Hollywood just keeps throwing these things out if one is a hit , they run out of ideas years ago
& only reallly care about the 13-25 age group blockbusters t The one with heath ledger was quite good

I thought that the The Dark Knight Rises was a good end to the trilogy, even after the epic stand out The Dark Knight.
I think there may be a 'Robin' style spin off now with Morgan Freeman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
AFAIK it was always set up as a trilogy, I may be wrong though.

Just saw it at the IMAX..... really enjoyed it but its not as good as the 2nd film in the series. Quite a jumpy plot too with a lot of stuff in the plot that we just have to take for granted - rough joins that don't seem to be polished off properly. I suspect a very extended directors cut to appear sometime.

Its the first time I've seen a feature film at an IMAX.... to be honest I didn't think it really added much to the experience, and sound volume was way way too loud for me, even going into distortion at times. Its not usually too bad at the normal screens in this cinema (Fountian Park Cineworld, Edinburgh).

Never really topped the epic 1966 [i]Batman: The Movie[/i], did they?

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!!" LO-fookin-L:rofl:

I agree that correct version is the 1966 POW I saw in Taunton flix. Although I prefer Supergirl/Woman. Best experienced in 1960s comix and fine Commodore C64 or sluggish Amiga-PC games. Although I concede a case to the Lego 2 Batman games. Stuff 'Avenger'-Kid Flash-Green Lantern-Spiderman - bring (on) Wonder Woman ....

Worth seeing if you have seen the others, if you haven't then don't bother.

Cheers BB