Guest The Engine

This toy record player's got me well pissed off !

164 posts in this topic

Rigid cones .mmmm .

Mines on a steel soundstyle rack with a glass shelf on a quite wooden floor which has an amount of bounce to it. The gyrodec is on a wall shelf from custom design. I will try rigid feet as I have some spikes that will fit the threads but I think it might be a bit un isolated . Don't want the bass to get mushed up . What's yours sat on a?

My tt sits on a big (18 inch square, 2 inch thick) granite/concrete slab (from a garden centre) on top of a set of IKEA shelves. Really quite massive. I suspect the heavy slab soaks up a lot of external vibes. Wooden floor, but not very bouncy.

I went from Sorbothane feet to Soundcare Superspikes and that tidied up everything nicely. Better defined bass, more dynamics, less muddled. Sat on a very heavy StandsUnique rack with 10mm glass shelves onto carpeted rigid wooden floor.

No noticeable vibration.

Just had a butchers at the soundspikes...interesting.

Is there a big difference with those from putting speakers spikes in and sitting them on small pieces of say , copper ?

Just as a cheap quick experiment before possibly purchasing some.

Just had a butchers at the soundspikes...interesting.

Is there a big difference with those from putting speakers spikes in and sitting them on small pieces of say , copper ?

Just as a cheap quick experiment before possibly purchasing some.

Would have thought there would be some difference. The SuperSpikes are apparently made of 4 different metals to control resonances etc and the spikes themselves sit in a mild steel cup in a fairly thick zinc base. Could always give it a whirl but I shouldn't think the result will be the same.

What so because vinyl has it's faults I might as well use a dansette ??....what utter shite

Yes, that was utter shite.

Being a tinkerer ( with my Techie), l have tried Sorbothane feet - ok, Isonoes- really really good, and look cool to boot, then the £25 Vantage Audio feet, and these reside under the Techy now, great VFM and make a quite a big difference.

In what way Andy and what's it all sat on it?

I've just had a look at them. You're right they look damned good .

In what way Andy and what's it all sat on it?

I've just had a look at them. You're right they look damned good .

Mmm, noise floor dropped, bass was better, everything was more musical, with the VA feet l could fit the Techie on an Audiophile Base shelf, so now my (tweaked Techie) sounds really really good and so musical:notworthy:

For 25 sobs you cannot go wrong with the VA feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops! Nearly forgot with the VA feet, l put a nylon washer over the thread of the VA feet, so l had no metal to metal touching from the inside of the VA foot and the bottom of the Techie feet.

On it..... a very kind fellow here has sent me some really squidgy stick on ones to try first. I'll see how that sounds first. cheers. Iv

l have tried the Sorbothane feet and was not overly keen, the Isonoes and VA feet much better, all imho of course.

valued opinion by a DD virgin.

- - - Updated - - -

valued opinion by a DD virgin.

Never really fully understood why some people have spent £3K odd upgrading a 1210.

I thought the good thing with a 1210 is that it sounds great and costs only £200. I guess for some people, spending £1K on a replacement bearing or whatever they do just makes them feel better, so they don't have to admit they have a £200 1210 in their system..

I've no real advice for you I'm afraid Mr Engine.

The Timestep PSU people had written something interesting detailing certain limitiations to the original internal supply, part of the problem being caused by it being with the other electronics. Then again, it was promotional material for the Timestep PSU.

Put it on a wall stand.