Hawk

300B what's the next best thing...

31 posts in this topic

I quite liked the TJ mesh plates, although the Sophia mesh plates are meant to be very good as well. They are not that dear - £600 should get you a decent quartet. SET FTW :)

Shuguang Black Treasures are supposed to be the bee's knees,alium audio are the Uk distributor.Around £300 a pair I think.

My first thought was Emission Labs, but I don't know where they would come in the pecking order.

Have a look at the Psvane WE300B as near copy of the original WE's. Not cheap. Also Sophia 300B Royal Princess but very expensive. There is also a Japanese 300B Takasuki. Very expensive.

Are these for your Border Patrol?

I would be interested in how long the WEs actually lasted, as that might give me some idea when I will have to replace mine.

I think Kevin is using TJ meshpaltes although he goes through quite a few to get matched pairs.

I'll second that Graham, made a noticeable difference in my amp and thats where they will stay until they go pop. Not even thinking about swapping them out.

My first thought was Emission Labs, but I don't know where they would come in the pecking order.

There's a quad of WEs on fleabay at the moment, BIN price of £3,410 :?

I've got TJ mesh plates in my Audion, they knock spots off the JJs that were in there when I bought it but have no experience of any others to be able to make an informed judgement.

k

I've got an almost virgin matched pair of WE300B's in presentation box sitting doing nothing.

20120307_0508.jpg

20120307_0510.jpg

R.

Seems a shame to waste them, but I need four. Under the circumstances, I'll take them off your hands for £50.

Are these for your Border Patrol?

I would be interested in how long the WEs actually lasted, as that might give me some idea when I will have to replace mine.

I think Kevin is using TJ meshpaltes although he goes through quite a few to get matched pairs.

Mine are still going strong, but as the kids are now playing more and more tosh on my system I feel like wrapping them up in cotton wool and putting something else in there!