In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

dinkydave

How Many Gigs per Year?

How many gigs per year?   43 members have voted

1. 1. How many gigs per year?

• Never go out the house
    • 1, if I am lucky
    • 2-3
    • ~6
    • 6-12
    • At least one a month

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Living in the sticks rather limits who I can get to see [/FONT]:cs: [FONT=Verdana]venues like RockCity and The Rescue Room in Nottingham and The Junction and Corn Exchange in Cambridge are within a 90 minute drive so that rather restricts who I can see. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]However I do attend 10 to 12 concerts a year, notable ones so far this year have been Lanterns on the Lake, Ladyhawke and Bat for Lashes, and I’ve also got tickets booked for Radiohead and Beach House later in the year [/FONT][/SIZE]:^

been to a few good ones this year, Ryan Adams and AfroCuibsm to mention two, also got Gotye, Seal and Level 42 still to come this year, I am trying for one a month but may not happen

I'm a bit fussy who I go and see, maybe 2 or 3, only one so far this year and nothing in the pipeline.

Just over one a month for me currently.

So far this year...

Scottish National Jazzz Orchestra with Peter Erskine
Hue & Cry (piano and voice)
Hue & Cry (full band)
Runnicles & SSO - Beethoven and Schumann chamber music
Ren Harvieu
Academy of Ancient Music - Handel's royal music
Robert Cray
Neil Cowley Trio

Tickets booked...

Dr John
Kyle Eastwood
Civil Wars

well it seems the above chap is in scotland near me , but i go to at least one gig a month i really try to , actually i am a professional music teacher and until recently also played some jazz gigs,

i try to support the local council venue in dunfermline, but things seem to have gone down hill regarding music ,

i go to all sorts, opera , large scale and touring , jazz, folk , even the odd rock thing.

i also try to go to a theatre show /play as often as i find things that appeal to me.

i do like to take a chance and go to off the beaten track sort of things,

as for jazz i am f'''''@@@KING SICK OF a tribute to this or that, and bloody radio scotland siingalongs to old frank sinatra tunes,

done piss poorly , my opinion of course, i would wonder if the bbc in scotland could prehaps get off there be hinds and ahve a look around for other stuff.

the kyle east wood came to carnegie halls and strangly not too many people could be arsed getting there , its a good show,

his double bass playing is just ok , if you are in doubt go any way .

mt best in the last ten years was the bad sheppards at carnegie it was a great night , and cheap as usuall prices sem reasonable no robbing fee ! i mean booking add on fee , even for picking up ,

ticket master more like ticket tax .

lowendall

Hardly any, only one this year. I was in gigging bands until I was 35 or so and met people along the way who could play! These guys got in successful acts and I would get in on the guest list or someone elses guest list through them. I also used to buy tickets for other things... I have young children now and live in the sticks, so getting a night out is expensive and more difficult than it used to be. I do miss it...

[quote name='barneys dad']A bit :hom: Brighton.[/QUOTE]

A bit :fight:Melton Mowbray, on the night I went out there at least.

I know where I would rather be :)

[quote name='Tel']A bit :fight:Melton Mowbray, on the night I went out there at least.

I know where I would rather be :)[/QUOTE]

Melton might be a bit :fight:
Nottingham is great for gigs, loadsa venues, but can be a bit :fek:
You been repped matey, like it or not!

Went to literally hundreds of gigs betwen 1988-1994. First gig was The Mission at the Astoria - last night of a 7 night residency supported by All About Eve, but haven't been to one since I saw Lush at the Roadmenders in Northampton 1995.

[quote name='unclepuncle']Went to literally hundreds of gigs betwen 1988-1994. First gig was The Mission at the Astoria - last night of a 7 night residency supported by All About Eve, but haven't been to one since I saw Lush at the Roadmenders in Northampton 1995.[/QUOTE]

:shock: No gigs for 17 years!

[quote name='myrman']:shock: No gigs for 17 years![/QUOTE]

No [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn355/xxsmikleyxx/giggs.jpg[/IMG]:shock:

You used to be able to change your vote in polls, not any more by the look of it.

Now got John Cooper Clarke, Felice Bros, Smoke Fairies, Thea Gilmore and Beth Orton booked

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/telstra/Smilies/REMusicBand05HL.gif[/IMG]