BD Audio

Tune Audio Marvel horn loudspeakers

107 posts in this topic

heard haigners before - epic & natural at the same time

know a guy selling his , the fool he will regret it forever

Dealer

The speakers are now fully run in and ready for demonstration.

Dealer

France were the largest market for Tune Audio last year Stu, there are a few bits and bobs regarding Marvel on French hifi forums.

Mainland Europe are much keener on horns than the UK at the moment, I believe due to too many badly implemented designs being demonstrated at shows and compromised designs being offered over here.

I am confident I can swing this opinion and show people what a well thought out design can do.

Dealer

Bumping this up, all wammers are welcome to come listen whether you are in the market for new speakers or not, I will enjoy showing these off!

Dealer

Yes, looking forward to it too.

Yes, looking forward to it too.

Great news Jack. Looking forward to a listen at the show.

Just a quick note to say that I had a listen to these speakers at Jack's and very nice they are too, a lovely sound that is easy on the ear and the more you listen to them the better they sound. They look much better in the flesh and have a big sweet spot, so you can listen off axis.

They sounded great on the end of the MingDa mono's/pre and would do justice to some mega expensive amps no doubt. Thanks to Jack for taking the time out.

Dealer

Thanks for coming round Bob, obviously I'm glad you enjoyed them, I doubt there is much you haven't heard out there so it goes a long way. Thanks for introducing me to some new music. Off to Amazon I go. :D

looks like a fostex sigma 8" driver in a quarter-wave transmission cab, helped with a horned tweeter.

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_components/pdf/fe208ez.pdf

depending on application, it may turn out it's pretty smart to have a floor coupled horn. can't imagine how it sounds but it may address a usual phase issues between direct radiating and horn wave in a not too big room.

Look forward to hearing them Jack at Whittlebury

Echo that..that..that

Dealer

Manolis uses modified Fostex and compression drivers yes, back loaded horn, further details on my site.

I had a listen to these earlier. Thought they were brilliant. Not as big as I though they would be, although I don't think I'd like to try and lift one.

Lovely bass, mids n' highs. Drivers integrate really well. Could happily have sat there and listened for hours. I could go on and on about them. But I won't. They are dead good. :^