rabski

Guess...

47 posts in this topic

Can you guess what it is yet (assume Rolf Harris accent)

300B_AMP.jpg

Close. Should provide a higher level of enjoyment though.

Fuck me rabski...warp drive, youve done it, when's the test and have you told the Vulcans?

It's Coco's design, so he's aware and when even so much as the PSU goes on test, it'll be with a variac and Pete by my side.

They are Coco's design. 300B PP monos, with assorted driver stages and some serious iron-work. Tel was unkind enough to bring the originals here for an overnight airing, and the moment they went into the system I knew where my journet was headed. It's a rather serious project, and far above anything I've done for many years, but I'm already enjoying the fun of speccing everything and getting custom-built stuff ordered.

Certainly won't be an overnight project. The transformers alone involve some serious financial juggling, but I pray the end result will do justice to the design.

You'll be needing some of these then...

713405947_4734df20be.jpg

:rofl:

Circuit appears similar to Tel's amps - PP 300B with interstage.

EDIT: you posted while I was typing. Iron is good. Good iron is better (having heard Tamura iron Vs. stock iron at Adam's in his SET'n'Lowther setup when Pete was there). :^

:rofl:

Circuit appears similar to Tel's amps - PP 300B with interstage.

EDIT: you posted while I was typing. Iron is good. Good iron is better (having heard Tamura iron Vs. stock iron at Adam's in his SET'n'Lowther setup when Pete was there). :^

It was going to be Slagle, but the exchange rate is dire.

I've been talking to the US distributor and while everything is open at the moment, it's looking strongly like Tamura interstage and Hashimoto outputs.

Mind you, it's also looking like if I don't do the bathroom first, I'll be ruined for life, so don't expect a quick finish to this.

Large bucket = bath

medium bucket = toilet

small bucket with holes in =- shower

throw down some used lino and job done.

Now get on with the amp:P

You have obviously not met Mrs Rabski. A more pleasant and loving lady you will never come across. However, deprived of a properly-functioning bathroom, you have on your hands a mixture of a rabid wolf, an out of control dalek, and the hounds of the Baskervilles.

Speccing continues, but bathroom takes initial priority. It's hard to enjoy music when you're lying on the floor ina foetal position, grasping the bloodied stumps of what were once your manhood.

How are you going to build them? I think I would be tempted to build them on more than just two chassis - one or two for the psu, and then the monoblocks from there. It'd look much cooler like that ;-)

I'll have you know I was looking at spray paint yesterday. Still a few steps before I get to that stage, though... :)