Bike Trackday

7 posts in this topic

Thought I'd stick my head in here and mention my other interest, trackdays on the bike, noticed someone else had an avatar pic from one......

Currently own a blue GSXR 600 K9 which I've had from brand new but is used now mainly for trackdays, I do ride on the road but down to weather, finding time with wife, 2 young kids and work I don't seem to have covered many road miles this year.

I did however do Oulton on 30th May and got 2 days at Cadwell booked mid July. Was first time at Oulton for me but loved it. Done a fair few trackdays over the years so booked into advanced group then met a few lads who I know that do instruction so grabbed a tow of a few and got a bit quicker in the afternoon.

Anyone else into trackdays on the bike then off here?

Heres quick pic whoring and video of me:

Nice one Gaz!

I used to sponsor my son who rides in the 600cc Supersport a few years ago (he's still doing it). I've been riding bikes myself for 30+ years, utterly love it. Many years ago I'd five bikes in my garage at one time, pretty good I thought.....

Keep er lit..!!

Not done any since 2010 (but managed to get a Croft date in September - bloody rare!).

Did loads at Cadwell,Donington and Croft (local track) but the best was Val de Vienne in 2007 on an 04 ZX10R - made a weeks holiday out of it,went with family (as did about 30 others) and had a great time on a fast,technical track in 32C heat for a few days all for the cost of one day at a wet Mallory!

At my 'peak' I used to bother a few 600 club racers 'practising' for upcoming race meets but they were giving away 400cc and about 60bhp - any of those capable of getting in the top 20 would show me a clean pair of heels - great for keeping your feet on the ground!

As I get older,heavier and creakier i've lost a lot of pace but ride a quicker,more capable bike (BMW S1000RR) - laptmes matter less and less,having fun with mates matters more and more.

Trackdays - I love 'em - just wish I had more time to enjoy them.

Truth be told,it's the only way to get a taste of what a modern superbike is capable of.