Guest User211

ADSL Bell Wire Trick - Increase Your StreamingDownload Speed!

23 posts in this topic

For everything you could ever want to know about ADSL but were afraid to ask go here:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

Just open up the main junction again, cut the bell wire short, made sure conections were nice and I am back up to 3.6Mbps - just about enough for iPlayer in HD. Result.

ok. I am in the USA. wonder if itll work here.

can someone take a picture if it WILL work?? i dont know what to do.

Teddy I think is something that is local to the UK . BT had the monopoly here and set up the standard for all equipment that is still used today . The US had a much more enlightened and commercial set up with many companies having networks and each having there own units and connectors . I do not think your socket boxes are four wired like all UK ones .

http://tech2.in.com/video/airtel-4g/296952/ia2Y1dxqvaGlitiGuoe1ppeJvK7JorSXuKi5pbiqqISlh9qr/speed-up-internet-in-2min-by-removing-bell-wire-dsl-connection

The above link while pretty amatuer does show what to do and were .

Here we used to very effected by how wet the weather had been, water was getting into a junction box on a telegraph pole. They had to rewire and renew some kit. I am in a town and the best I have ever seen is 1.6Mbps, which was for the last year or so (after they rewired) until a week ago when it dropped to 1.2 Mbps. I monitor continuously with a plugin and am pretty disappointed to see how far we lag behind...