In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

barnacle bill

Jack White.

16 posts in this topic

Anyone seen him live?

I'm off to see him again next week, not sure which night, probably friday. With his new band, one male one female he chops and changes during the gig, should be some interesting stage logistics going on. I'm not sold on his new stuff yet, seen him as White Stripes and Raconteurs both very good, expectation is high.

Saw him lots as The White Stripes but stopped after Ickythump - where to my mind he disappeared up his own fundament where he lost all sense of perspective and quality control.

He's a good live showman though and obviously a good guitarist - and doesn't he like reminding us! Should be a good gig, where you seeing him?

I didnt rate Icky Thump at all. The White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights is a terrific live DVD. If anyone would like a borrow, pm me your address.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

on its way to Barney's Dad :^

Saw him with Raconteurs & he was just awesome.
a guy on PFM saw the Jools later show, live.
The producer went up to JW at the end & said in 20 years he was the best guitarist he'd seen on the show.

The guys a feckin genius & I'm very envious.
Blunderbus is stunning btw.
Enjoy.

PS big thanks to Chris SMEagol for dvd offer.

[quote name='crimsondonkey']Saw him lots as The White Stripes but stopped after Ickythump - where to my mind he disappeared up his own fundament where he lost all sense of perspective and quality control.

He's a good live showman though and obviously a good guitarist - and doesn't he like reminding us! Should be a good gig, [B]where you seeing him? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think we're going to Hammersmith Apollo on the friday of next week, haven't got tickets yet and will probably get them off a tout. Thursday is an option still but that gig is at Brixton Academy.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

[quote name='SMEagol']I didnt rate Icky Thump at all. The White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights is a terrific live DVD. If anyone would like a borrow, pm me your address.

[COLOR=silver]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

on its way to Barney's Dad :^[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, you have PM.

When Barneys finished with it he can just send it on - I'll pm him your address Bill. Got a few things going out tomorrow as getting up early for the post office.

[quote name='SMEagol']When Barneys finished with it he can just send it on - I'll pm him your address Bill. Got a few things going out tomorrow as getting up early for the post office.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay in sending this out. I can do it Saturday as I don't have work and the dog to contend with, been put on some anti-depressants by the Doc and one of the side effects is that I keep oversleeping in the morning! I'm now a zombie til about 12!

[quote name='SMEagol']Sorry for the delay in sending this out. I can do it Saturday as I don't have work and the dog to contend with, been put on some anti-depressants by the Doc and one of the side effects is that I keep oversleeping in the morning! I'm now a zombie til about 12![/QUOTE]

Can you slip a few pills in with the cd then.

A heads up for anyone who's interested. He's playing 2 gigs in November. Bagged tickets for the blackpool one.

[URL]http://www.ticketline.co.uk/jack-white#tour[/URL]

The blackpool "Buy tickets" button seems to vanish and come back every 15 mins or so, so maybe they are staging the sale. So keep trying if it says "please try later"

Just heard we've got tickets for gig in Brum.
Wha feckin hooooo :D

Any wammers seen him yet?

[quote name='barneys dad']Saw him with Raconteurs & he was just awesome.
[B][I]The producer went up to JW at the end & said in 20 years he was the best guitarist he'd seen on the show.
[/I][/B]
Enjoy.

PS big thanks to Chris SMEagol for dvd offer.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, that's going a bit far. He has a unique style but there are hundreds of thousands of better guitarists.

[quote name='barneys dad']Saw him with Raconteurs & he was just awesome.
The producer went up to JW at the end & said in 20 years he was the best guitarist he'd seen on the show.

Enjoy.

PS big thanks to Chris SMEagol for dvd offer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Injector']Jeez, that's going a bit far. He has a unique style, but there's no better guitarist.[/QUOTE]

sorted :^