JamPal

T.H.E. Show report on the pig

12 posts in this topic

Blimey, some proper gear there!

P.s Pah, not a patch on Scalford......

Blimey, some proper gear there!

P.s Pah, not a patch on Scalford......

first of all a massive thumbs up to James for posting this up here!! :^There really is some great kit and i thought it may be a tad off a few folks radar.

Secondly I agree Rob the whole Scalford thing does take some beating!! Real people, real kit and with a bit of luck and a following wind there'll be a fat and bald expat there next year!!:upgrade:

Nah - Audio Stoat is proper high end gear - Stu's probly saving that for next year's Scalford Show. :^

There's something about shows in other countries - Germany, USA, Hong Kong etc that has the overwhelming ability to make us feel positively destitute, no?

Anyway, re the Concert Fidelity stuff, some English dude Martin Logan owner got hold of the DAC and was so impressed he is trying to bring the stuff into the country. Not sure if he has succeeded yet.

BTW I do better show coverage - the best, in fact. Rates from £10,000 a day. Pretty reasonable...

Interesting article on the PIG here. Not heard of this show before?

http://hifipig.com/t-h-e-show-newport-beach-2012/#more-2702

The High End Show? Think its been running for near to 10 years. Oddly I first heard of it when reading a kind of resumé of a guy who now is promoting buying physical silver to financially survive the collapse of the world economy - the guy used to run it before getting into the whole economic collapse thing, as you do.

I recognized the amp in the picture, the little valve hybrid, as one I have and use with my tv in France. I took it to one of Doms bake offs a good while ago and everyone was gobsmacked at the sound quality for £ 150.

W27-Napa-Acoustic.jpg

I like the comment re the Naim picture - "lost my notes on the speakers" - well you aren't the first to say that on hearing Naim speakers..........

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see a good selection of beardies and baldies on show :rofl:

Oh, and EDDIE CURRENT should change their name.

Should merge with Von Gaylord.

"Current Gay Lord" would sell better.