i_should_coco

What's wrong with your system?

237 posts in this topic

Well I guess I could make a night and day improvement by changing the speakers but in slower time.

The only thing wrong with my system is that it is better than yours. And not by just a bit. No - it is MUCH, MUCH better.

Bad luck - but keep trying. With hope maybe one day you'll get close - ish.

:)

The only thing wrong with my system is that it is better than yours. And not by just a bit. No - it is MUCH, MUCH better.

This would be funny, except that deep deep down, I think you really mean it. :D

I'm smiling..:) Laughing a bit in fact...

:yeah:

Indeed - all lip... I should call bake off and prove it... whereupon all attendees will feverently deny my claims:)

Indeed - all lip... I should call bake off and prove it... whereupon all attendees will feverently deny my claims:)

No need, just publish the measurements :P

No need for the hassle of a bake-off, like all good Wammers we've already made up our minds that your set up is nowhere near as good as you like to think it is, and whether or not we say it to your face, we would all walk away convinced of the fact.

So there you have it - no need for measurements, no need for critical listening!

No need for the hassle of a bake-off, like all good Wammers we've already made up our minds that your set up is nowhere near as good as you like to think it is, and whether or not we say it to your face, we would all walk away convinced of the fact.

So there you have it - no need for measurements, no need for critical listening!

Oh OK you've got me. Guess I was right - system = shite after all. Dammit - I was getting all confident again:(

Probably so much.

My speakers produce very little bass.

My amp sounds great but lacks a precise soundstage (compared to the excellent Decware Zen) and the volume/speaker balance goes in and out. It lacks the sheer bass depth/control of bigger amps (Denon PMA-2000AE, Audiolab 8200MB), Just the 'all round loveliness' of the Radford STA-25 (VB:^) but it seems to have just the right mix of a little of each. Not perfect but doing a good job.

But when it works, its lovely. I keep coming back to these little Kolts :doh:

Oh OK you've got me. Guess I was right - system = shite after all. Dammit - I was getting all confident again:(

Of course the second phase of the bake off (when everyone is leaving and privately dissing your system!) is when you sit back down in front of it, whack your fave tunes on, sit back and think - 'fools, what do they know???'

The third phase of imminent transcendence being the bardo state - the 10,000 things of objective reality... and the realisation that what your hi-fi sounds like to others means absolutely f*ck all - apart from the reward of seeing them enjoy some of the things you like about it:)

Mind you, I never did believe in rebirth... I prefer Bergson's theory...:D The brain as a cerebal reducing valve.