lordmortlock

A neat little iPad trick

27 posts in this topic

I've been using an iPad as a source whilst I've had an Resonessence invicta dac at home for a listen as the USB input recognises Apples camera connection kit. Its been a fantastic way to listen, especially with the superb new iPad spotify app. Sadly none of my other dacs recognise it. A powered USB hub sometimes works but I've just found that the CCK does recognise Behringers UCA202 which can then connect optical in to any old dac or even rca out into an amp. The leads not really long enough for where I sit so put a USB active extension in at that works too.

The Behringers only twenty quid or so- In my opinion the iPad makes a fantastic source. Home sharing with itunes, Soundcloud etc ... really good fun. Give it a go!

I have been using my iPad for 18 months into the dac in my HK amp using a USB to optical converter from Maplins. The iPad doesn't have enough power so I use a powered hub and it works a treat.

I've also been using an iPad with the camera connection kit in the USB input on the Young. It works perfectly and sounds great :)

The only thing stopping me using this more frequently is the fact that I still have to physically go to the iPad and change tracks. Does anyone know if it's possible to remote control the iPad using an iPhone or similar? (A strange request I know)

Lefty

Worth knowing the young accepts the CCK btw. The Eastern electric plus dac doesn't, despite using oem M2tech hardware.

Apologies - my mistake. I think it was the MDAC I was using the iPad/CCK with. (I'm a bit of a DAC slut).

I will try it with the Young later and report back....

Lefty

Haha easily done mate! Really enjoying the iPad as a source. I've got the CCK into the back of the apple dock and so basically a touchscreen transport for all my music needs. It'd be good to have a thread detailing dacs that work and dacs that don't.

Mdac yes, Young no. Cos the Young doesn't use the standard Mac USB interface drivers.

Haha easily done mate! Really enjoying the iPad as a source. I've got the CCK into the back of the apple dock and so basically a touchscreen transport for all my music needs. It'd be good to have a thread detailing dacs that work and dacs that don't.

Just google dacs that work with iPad.

I've been using an iPad as a source whilst I've had an Resonessence invicta dac at home for a

Fixt.

Nothing like a pedant:D I just thought Avon was a bit too girlies makeup...