Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

alank950

Record Cleaning Machine Wanted

40 posts in this topic

Chris -

In the Original Post, the postee asked:

"Anyone have a decent record cleaning machine they want to part with?"

I have addressed this question.

If he or anyone else thinks a plastic bucket with alcohol and wetting agent is *decent*, that's his and their prerogative.

Show me where in my post I suggest that your beloved Moth causes static. You seem to be remarkably sensitive to a non existent slur on your own choice of RCM.

Kevn,

You seemed to be suggesting the subsequent discussion points were digressing from the o.p. & you were were somehow riding in on your"White Charger":roll: & saving the day:nup: whereas you were pointing him at an ex dem retail item, likely to be rather pricey & quite possibly not even available...so not even "answering the op at all really:nup: here you are re. your denial!!..."Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static." quite clearly seems to be inferring other types of R.C.M. do cause static & what are these blades you're on about...huh?, & whats wrong with someone making their own cleaning formulation? , these are well documented & I see no reason they shouldn't work extremely well ! I was fairly complimentary re your Loricraft....not really massively concerned that you seem to be being rude about mine, if that helps fill in "your Playtime"...fine :roll::roll:.....the only thing I objected to was the disinformation & utter nonsense ;-)

Chris -

In the Original Post, the postee asked:

"Anyone have a decent record cleaning machine they want to part with?"

I have addressed this question.

If he or anyone else thinks a plastic bucket with alcohol and wetting agent is *decent*, that's his and their prerogative.

Show me where in my post I suggest that your beloved Moth causes static. You seem to be remarkably sensitive to a non existent slur on your own choice of RCM.

Kevn,

You seemed to be suggesting the subsequent discussion points were digressing from the o.p. & you were were somehow riding in on your"White Charger":roll: & saving the day:nup: whereas you were pointing him at an ex dem retail item, likely to be rather pricey & quite possibly not even available...so not even "answering the op at all really:nup: here you are re. your denial!!..."Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static." quite clearly seems to be inferring other types of R.C.M. do cause static & what are these blades you're on about...huh?, & whats wrong with someone making their own cleaning formulation? , these are well documented & I see no reason they shouldn't work extremely well ! I was fairly complimentary re your Loricraft....not really massively concerned that you seem to be being rude about mine, if that helps fill in "your Playtime"...fine :roll::roll:.....the only thing I objected to was the disinformation & utter nonsense ;-)

Some days are just not good days for you, are they Chris?

Take a chill pill and stop overreacting.

Lol, love that you have such great insight into my psyche :nup::nup: Can't see how I'm overreacting :? when I'm merely offering a rebuttal to some clear lack of veracity/wrongness in your statements.....as for your further obfuscation & sidestepping of the points I made/questions I asked of you.....well that's simply hilarious :rofl:.....s'all just smoke & mirrors really tho' !! :roll:

Some days are just not good days for you, are they Chris?

Take a chill pill and stop overreacting.

Lol :nup:

vacdac

Gonna try steam cleaning and a bath of home mix in the Antistat.Then hoover the residue of with a Henry Hoover...might be cheep but i am shure it will get the records pretty clean.

Good practice = store-use suitably - nice water/Fairy liquid/carbon-fibre/nice J cloths etc to pat-dry. Sometimes a bit of suitably applied/removed isopropyl alcohol does biz.

OR buy overpriced bit of 'technology' to gouge out your (usually unless Monty Python MTAH) 2 grooves.

Does your record-cleaning machine need cleaning???

The back and forth here does remind me of this....(scroll to the 2 mins mark and watch from there)

just gotta get to the next get together!

[video=youtube;7jbf477OqjI]

The Loricraft 'seconds' aren't substandard at all as far as I can see. They're not 'used' either, but do represent a saving over advertised list prices. (for anybody interested)

This looks cool http://www.hannl-vinylcleaner.com/en/?page=aragon_el