• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Classical Music day at Wokingham, 23 June any takers?

24 posts in this topic

Before I put this in the bakeoff section, I'm floating it here ... I'm thinking of running a day of classical music listening on June 23, when the wife will be off working in China.

Anyone who posts here who has been to a bakeoff knows that feeling when you put on the lieder or string quartet or piano record, and suddenly everyone disappears off to text the wife or whatever .... only returning with the quirky girl with guitar is safely back on (and you thought that classical music only got rid of adolescent mall rats?).

Well it's about time we turned the tables ... let's have a full day of unashamed classical music listening, with none of that pop/rock/jazzy music allowed. I held one of these about three years ago and it was one of the best days' music listening I'd had in ages.

I'll have my Voyd/Io/An Arm3/Kondo AN S6c SUT, Nick Gorham phono stage, AN CDT Two/II transport, AN 3.1 Balanced DAC, and the Tannoy 15in MG GRFs, plus new arrivals Icon Audio 845i monoblocks and a preamp TBA.

The say should be more about sharing new music than swapping out bits of hifi, but if anyone wants to put a streaming front end up against the CDT Two (or a seriously high-end DAC against the AN DAC) that might be quite interesting ....

Arrival probably 2-ish, with some nosh early evening and going on till late as you like. Only about 80% probability at the moment but if I can have some names that would be great (only one system so limited to maybe 5-6 at most)

Are your Tannoys active, Tom? I could bring my computer, complete with digital crossover, and set it up if poss.

That's if I can make it - I may be carless that day, will check...

Count me in. :)

.... can you get rid of the bloody Tan-noise by then, though? :P

Not active any more ... there were benefits but a lot of extra complexity.

Cheers Jerry, that's two - you and Adam - any more?

... slight edit to my 1st post :whistle:

AlanB may well be interested - but he's away at the mo'.

Count me in. :)

.... can you get rid of the bloody Tan-noise by then, though? :P

Why do you want to swap for the MBLs? :P

now tannoys ...v .....mbl s.....that would be a bake off...........

all have a good day, with some lovely music being played.

I'd love to come :). Will have to see what my work arrangements are though - I have a feeling I'm off the week before but not that one :doh:

OK confirmed I have Jerry and Adam, possibles I've got Paul, Gareth, AlanB and Phil.

Let me know ASAP guys before I pitch this up in the main bakeoff area.

Ok got Jerry, Adam, Gregg confirmed, Paul & Phil still to confirm.

Would have loved to have attended this but my mum has requested my presence for the day!

Hope you arrange another one I can make.

Unfortunately my clinics have already been booked that day. Looks like I will not be able to make it :cs:

I'm gutted. Classical bake off is just my cuppa and would love to hear your kit Tom. Have a great day and hopefully can do this another time :)