MF 1000

MF1000's 1st Bake Off - Waterfoot 14-15 July

200 posts in this topic

Thought id loose my bake off hosting virginity with a gathering at my pad on the 14-15th July.

I have one very large living/dining area ….so we could only have one system in operation at any one time, but the space would allow another system to be set up ready for a swift switch over.

I can accommodate a fair few sleepers and have floor space for the air bed afficionado’s ;).

I guess from other bake offs that if chilli on the sat eve and bacon derived breakfast on the Sunday isn’t provided…a riot will ensue – so it’s a given :D

Jane has said a chocolate fudge cake will be available for the few who wish to indulge …lol

As far as max numbers …im guessing that around 16 will give us a good crowd, craik etc

Fingers crossed for a good response

Keith

Could I book a place please Keith?

I'll liaise re what kit might suit nearer the time if that's ok.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve.....your no 1 on the list ....so you wont miss out on this one

Will sort out kit list etc in early July ....thought id give plenty notice to everyone with it being near start of kids hols etc

Keith

Where in Lancs are you Keith...I am from Lancs originally.....my lovely wife usually drops me off and picks me up, allowing me to imbibe and therefore embarrass myself without feeling too guilty....but she has a fear of motorways....O you will be in waterfoot then....oops...May be a little too far, need to speak to she who must be obeyed...have to get back to you mate....now where was I....Lancs ...yes....Born there......

Lol Graham...

its about 45 miles from Liverpool....im near to Rawtensall....6 miles south of Burnley. Around 1 hrs drive ....I come over to St Helens where my mum & dad are regularly

Might be an overnighter then if this counts as a scouse bake off...are you able to put me up...I am quite clean...well the upper half is ...usually

About 45 miles from Liverpool....that'l be another Scouse bakeoff then:D

Oh God, my Sondek will end up on bricks! :P

About 45 miles from Liverpool....that'l be another Scouse bakeoff then:D

Am in Bristol at the mo, so will say yes until advised otherwise when I check in with ground control.

Cheers

Bob

I was born in Lancs....till they moved the border in 1972...and recently fought my way back into Lancs...

Jane has said any more scouse refs and you wont get your choc cake ;) ....LOL

Yes, I too was born before the new border in 72, unfortunately from Kensington originally, therefore the sondek will easily fit within my inside pocket...

Yes, I too was born before the new border in 72, unfortunately from Kensington originally, therefore the sondek will easily fit within my inside pocket...

Is that a 12 incher in your pocket or re you pleased to see me? :minikev:

Count me in Keith please!

Probably wouldn't need putting up, only about 25 miles away from you.

I promise not to bring my copies of Singalongamax, or my Vince Hill first pressings! :D

:^

PS - I was born in Leigh, but I don't shout about it too loudly in Hudds!

Tell Jane that she need not worry about the wooly backs as I am a massive chocolate eater...in my hayday I ate 37 chunky kit-kats...forcing my wife to give away 10 of the remaining 11from the box of four dozen and forcing me to kick off as I was going o eat the remainder after my tea....