Vinyl Art

Artists that lived in your life time that you very much regretted having seen

45 posts in this topic

My biggest regret wasn't embarrassing but it still pisses me off. It was also at the Hammersmith Odeon.

I had a bit of a thing for Chrissie Hind at the time and was really looking forward to The Pretenders.

They were on stage for 55 minutes and obviously didn't want to be there. A load of shite and total lack of respect for their fans who had paid good money for the tickets and in my case double the time travelling to and from the gig than they were on stage.

20 odd years ago,The Smiths and The Fall, more recently Bob Dylan,Crowded House, Australian Pink Floyd and absolute bottom of the bill The Pierces, I walked out after 4 songs.

Why would you go to a gig for a rubbish act?? :doh: Maybe understandable with festivals I guess... especially if that festival is Guilfest :roll:

Having said that I did once have to sit through James with their annoying All Sit Down song, (almost as bad as that Wake Up Boo thing) as they were one of the warm up acts for The Cure at the 1990 Crystal Palace gig.

Sadly as I do like him as an artist it has to be Van Morrison . Paid a not insubstantial sum to see him came out started the first number then about four bars in turned his back on the audience taking the mic with him . Then proceeded to perform the whole concert talking to the band and with his back to the audience the whole time . After about three numbers a few people got a little fed up and started to heckle to which without turning round he just told them if you dont like it f... off . Frankly I did and would never buy a ticket to see him ever again. Did see him play again many years later but that is another story .

Basement Jaxx - pause, play, pause, play, tempo up, tempo down -dorky 'performers' not a single live instrument. Turned the volume up, and flashed the lights to 'get the crowd going', most of whom were already so off their faces, that Showaddy Glitter would have been also the 'like totally best thing they ever saw, y'know'

Fun it may be, live it ain't.

'Live' DJs indeed. Oxymoronic.

Chris DeBurgh. Fucking awful. Took a girlfriend to see him as she liked him and I thought it would get me some brownie points. I dumped her on the way home, it really was that bad.

Saw Blur at Sheffield Arena, they couldn't have been less interested.

Cheers BB

Basement Jaxx - pause, play, pause, play, tempo up, tempo down -dorky 'performers' not a single live instrument. Turned the volume up, and flashed the lights to 'get the crowd going', most of whom were already so off their faces, that Showaddy Glitter would have been also the 'like totally best thing they ever saw, y'know'

Fun it may be, live it ain't.

'Live' DJs indeed. Oxymoronic.

With the emphasis on 'moronic'

Saw Blur at Sheffield Arena, they couldn't have been less interested.

Cheers BB

I saw them at the Barrowland in glasgow and they were fantatstic.

Thin Lizzy, in their current incarnation.

Gawd they were fewking awful. :(

Never go back! No matter how big the temptation, I always try and resist seeing acts that I enjoyed in their heyday especially when the lead singer is dead and buried.

The Darkness :oops: at the height of their (brief) fame.

Could have sold my ticket for about £100.

A fun night, but from a music cred point of view, utter utter :td:

And walked out on The Who (yeh fuck you Townsend) near the end though.

Bingley Hall staffordshire, could have had a lot to do with them sounding so :sick:

And............Judy Collins last year.

You know.....Both Sides Now, Send in the Clowns etc.

Got great front row seats.

Like being an inmate in a geriatric home & someone turns up to do a turn.

Fuck me, we got her whole life story (I've just written a book, by the way at all good book retailers) Dylan, The Byrds, she shagged em all.

Nice to be one of the youngest there, for a change.

Then the audience started to sing along and I felt like getting the mobile out in front of her........... & phoning The Samaritans.

:sos:

Dealer
Chris DeBurgh. Fucking awful. Took a girlfriend to see him as she liked him and I thought it would get me some brownie points. I dumped her on the way home, it really was that bad.

:D

Last year, Bob Dylan Live at Nottingham… I think he was alive :RIP:, well only just.

Like listening to a dieing toad giving out its last croaks,could not understand a word he sang:wall:.

To sum his performance up, it was :pants::td::shf::sick::zzzz::sos:

Thankfully, we had gone mainly to see Mark knopfler on the same bill, he was brilliant.