In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Vinyl Art

Artists that lived in your life time that you very much regretted having seen

45 posts in this topic

I've been to see the filming of Later with Jools Holland a couple of times. Unfortunately, one of those times had Mick Hucknall as a guest. He wasn't happy with his first take so we all had to wait around until all the other performers had finished so they could reshoot him croon the same dreary ballad again. What a cunt!

[quote name='Jezzer']I've been to see the filming of Later with Jools Holland a couple of times. Unfortunately, one of those times had Mick Hucknall as a guest. He wasn't happy with his first take so we all had to wait around until all the other performers had finished so they could reshoot him croon the same dreary ballad again. What a cunt![/QUOTE]

Hucknall is, and always has been one, far less talented than commonly supposed too.

To answer the the original question, would have to be "Ned's Atomic Dustbin", they were supporting The Wonder Stuff, and my they were awful.

My brother used to be in a band and we went to see him play a few times. He's my brother so, of course, his band was always brilliant. However they usually shared the line-up with a few others some of whom were, er, less than brilliant. His lot were noisy/grungy/full-on. They were disappointed to say the least one evening to discover that the band before them were a scratch folk-rock outfit ('They've got a mandolin player fer chrissakes !!'). The low point was a dreadful number based on 'Whistle and I'll Come to You' - the terrifying MR James story [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistle_and_I'll_Come_to_You[/URL]. It was so bad it was hard to keep a straight face.

VB

Fleetwood Mac on the Tusk tour - tedious or what?

Oh and when I was at school went to see Slade.

[quote name='karlinamillion']I've seen The Cheeky Girls, but, you know what, it was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]
Why, was Lembit there cracking jokes? :dunno:

UB40 - total crap, a real disappointment.

Didn't help their cause that the Pretenders were there as their support. They were brilliant.

:(

Biggest disappointment so far was actually Sting. The gig itself wasn't terrible, but I might as well have stayed at home and just listened to the studio recordings given how wooden the performance was. Contrasting that with the several very good live albums he had done at that point and it just made it seem even worse.

Sorry, I'm going to be serious ! Gary Glitter on a comeback tour. It was around Christmas, we were all 19/20-ish, had a really boozy night and the gig was a riot of fun. Yes, I joined screaming applause for a peodophile. I say this with no humour nor irony.

[quote name='hifiwigwam']Meatloaf, embarrassing yes. But regret it? Not so sure. I was about 13 and it was my first concert, I was taken by my parents and I hate to say it, but it really was a great theatrical show.[/QUOTE]

I was in my 20s when my younger brother rang me to say he had a spare ticket for Meatloaf and would I come with him.
I made him promise he wouldn't tell any of my mates and agreed to go. It was at Hammersmith Odeon and I got the surprise of my life, it was great theatre, and the guy put everything into it, I really enjoyed it.
I have still never owned any of his records but every now and then I go to a gig and get a lacklustre performance and I remember Meatloaf, great gig and worth every penny of the ticket price.