rocker65

Iom tt

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Are any of you lucky people going?

If not do you wish you were?

Anyone been in the past?

The last time I made it was when Joey D rode there for the last time.

I will get back there sometime. I have promised myself.

Rgds.

Living as I do on the doorstep I have been over quite a few times but not for a good many years. After a while I got sick to way you were fleeced by the island and more so because the fans that went were just a great bunch of people who wanted to have a great time. I know it happens at all of these events but it just ended up ruining the weekend seeing the rpices being hiked up so much because they had a captive audience .

I love Bike Racing but find the TT, Northwest 200 etc hard to watch. Would like to have gone when I was actually a biker. Bike people are just great people to be around and have a drink with.

Cheers BB

I love Bike Racing but find the TT, Northwest 200 etc hard to watch. Would like to have gone when I was actually a bike. Bike people are just great people to be around and have a drink with.

Cheers BB

So Steve how did you evolve from being a bike to being a human being ? Have you told Darwin yet ? I think he should know ?

So Steve how did you evolve from being a bike to being a human being ? Have you told Darwin yet ? I think he should know ?

:oops: Changed it now!

Cheers BB

Living as I do on the doorstep I have been over quite a few times but not for a good many years. After a while I got sick to way you were fleeced by the island and more so because the fans that went were just a great bunch of people who wanted to have a great time. I know it happens at all of these events but it just ended up ruining the weekend seeing the rpices being hiked up so much because they had a captive audience .

I have to agree. I have just been looking at the prices of "digs" during TT week and got quite a shock.

I think they are cutting their own throats.

There is even talk of reducing the number of races and changing the classes of bikes for the Manx GP which will

make the IOM even poorer value for money.

They claim to make a loss on the TT, which is quite possibly true, as such an event costs a fortune to run and there is no

admission charge as there is at ordinary race meetings.

I hope they get things sorted as it would be a tragedy to loose these truly special events.

When I lived in the North-West in my twenties I went most years with a group of motorcyclists. I replaced that with going to the Le Mans 24-hour with a group of motorcycling friends and have been going for twenty-five years. I have an American biker friend who wants to come over and "do" the IOM TT one year, so I hope to revisit

I only went once and that was in '89. Fantastic week staying at a friends house. He moved back over here the year after and I never went back.

Absolutly mindblowing ability being shown again.

It is beyond me as to how they keep their minds up with the demands such is the pace and the rate of changes required.

This is from one who has raced himself!

Mark webber and Sir Jacky Stewart are there. JS seems to be most impressed and has summed it up with the words

"This is mans country". It could not have been put better.

How I wish I was there.

Shown every night on ITV4 at 9.00 o'clock even on non race days. Well done them.

Rgds

Well, that is the IOM TT over for another year.

I listened to the full race comentaries online via Manx Radio and logged the riders progress on screen via TT Live.

What with this and the nightly TV programs on ITV4 it has been a truly great event for me.

If only I could have been there.

Rgds.