pfc

Artists that lived in your lifetime that you regret never going to see live...

40 posts in this topic

I never tried for tickets for the Cream RAH reunion. I know there's a risk when old gits reform but still wish I'd been there.

Frank Zappa. Have seen ZPZ and The Grandemothers though, so I feel I have had a good part of the experience.

Pink Floyd. Though again, seeing Roger Waters do The Wall last year partially made up for that, as did Australian Pink Floyd.

Bauhaus. Couldn't make it to the reunion a few years back, but 'You never know'.

:rofl:

Everybody at the Isle of Wight in 1970. Too much acid, missed the whole thing.

Would have liked to have seen The Doors, alas I was 3 when Morrison died.

My biggest regret is turning down a ticket and a lift to The Stone Roses at Spike Island, not that the performance was up to much but I could have said I was there.

Cheers BB

Just remembered this one and it qualifies for both the current threads . My Dad was a Jazz fan and I was the only one that showed any sort of interest as a result he would take me with him this way I got to see some real legends that I would have been too young to see at the time (Miles Davis , Duke Ellington , Dizzy Gillespie) .

One of the earliest he took me to was Nina Simone at Ronnie Scotts. I was really thrilled as I loved her music. Sadly this was the notorious concert she came on to rapturous applause played about two bars of the first song intro , someone from the floor shouted out My Baby Just Cares for me and she slammed down the piano lid and walked off never to return . I never did get to see her again and you could not call this seeing her either . Still love her music and a bit like John Martyn when they are bad they are really bad but when they fly you will not hear anything better .

Wish i had seen Pink Floyd.Not impossible they will play again,but unlikely now i would have thought.And Marillion,i saw them with Steve Hogarth a couple of times,but wish i had seen them with Fish(who i have also seen solo).