pfc

Artists that lived in your lifetime that you regret never going to see live...

40 posts in this topic

Joy Division. Ian Curtis took his own life when i was just in my early teens.

John Martyn for me also, even though I did actually see him live. A couple of friends of mine took me to the Half Moon in Putney around '93 to see John Martyn. I had no idea who we was and to me, it was just a pleasant evening supping a few pints watching a fat bloke sing and play guitar. I didn't get in to his music until 10 years later and regret not making more of that evening.

Jimi Hendrix. I did want to go and see The Beatles, but had to go to a pantomime instead, because I was too young:roll:. I made up by seeing Macca last year. Would also like to have seen the Rolling Stones but I think it's probably too late for that. Edit: And Pink Floud.

My biggest regret is not going to see John Martyn a second time as I had the option to go to the final gig that he did in Bristol. Bad mistake.

Pink Floyd, whilst in theory not impossible to see them live at this point are going to be highly, highly unlikely.

Peter Green. Again, quite possible to go see him play these days, but he's such a far cry from his hayday that there would be little point on a musical note.

I've always wanted to see B.B. King but just never got around to it. I'm not sure he'll be back at his age.

My wife bought me a ticket for BB King a few years back when he came to Newcastle. Then booked a holiday, forgetting it clashed with the concert date :roll:. I ended up giving it away :doh:.

I always wanted to see Big Country with Stuart Adamson as the singer more than the one time I did. Properly great live band, Mike Peters is the singer in the current incarnation, and while he can do it, it just isn't the same.

Arthur Lee :(

Went to see Love in 2006 (ish) fearing it would be another waaaay past their best travesty.

The Forever Changes (in track order) tour.

Totallyfeckinunbelieveablystunninglywonderous.

I'm genuinely sorry you missed it, but there are very good DVD's of the tour.

The ones I missed were Nick Drake and Jeff Buckley.

Whilst there are dvd's of Jeff Buckley there's sadly nothing of Nick Drake.

Thats why I go to so many gigs......just in case!