• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
age136

Razors

141 posts in this topic

For the past 12 months or so I've not been able to bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices for Gillette fusion blades / wilkinson sword alternative . Instead I just buy whatever disposable ones are on offer at the time .

So , the question to the wam is , what razors do you buy ? And are they any good ?

Ps after going to scalford I realise this will only apply to half the wam.

Oh , and this is hopefully a serious thread so If it ends up with pictures of cats they'd better be shaved ;)

Aldi or Tesco triple blades/razor, work fine, and I have a fairly heavy beard and only shave every 3-4 days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191456/Sharp-practice-The-razor-heads-cost-just-5p-make-sell-2-43-each.html

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .

6 blades? :shock: Surely totally unnecessary, I tried the 4 blade and found they kept getting blocked up with bristles. I think 3 is the optimum number.

A lot of razors are shoplifted but apparently a lot that find their way onto eBay could be fakes and there was an article about it a while back about the metal being contaminated with all sorts .

Not good if it's anywhere near your blood .

6 blades , yep . I thought it was a bit overkill but I seem to cut myself less with the multi blade razors.

I've been using the sainsburys 6 blade jobbie lately. Not the cheapest but certainly less than the fusions etc .

Just how many blades do you need? I remember when 2 was the latest high tec thing.

Just stop buying foo razors

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.

Started using a DE razor about 6 months ago.

Blades? £3.50 for 10.

Beard rash/neck redness? Gone.

optimum number of blades is ONE! Not 3,5 or anything else.

When I see all the fusion/vibrating/multi blade tosh, £8 for 4 blades I'm so glad I found an alternative that works for me.

Even if the £cost was the same, the comfort & lack of razor burn, (after all these years of trying all those bloody wonder blades & canned goo) would be worth it alone.

And yes, I still use LP's!

Matt.

Dealer

Razors will be like venetian blinds before long.

:D

Buy an electric shaver and get used to it. I did over 10 years ago and never looked back.

I have one but I find it takes so much 'scrubbing' to get a smooth shave that in the same time I may as well shave wet. And anything over 2 days particularly so. Plus I know with a wet shave everything is cut - the electric one always leaves some that refuse to poke through the filter to meet the blades.